Sunday 29 November 2015

Roast beef for dinner for someone and a gadget that won't work yet.



29 November

Looking out the window right now, I’m very pleased I have no plans for going out today. That wind that blowing out there is pretty high, much better to stay at home and keep warm. Jan however, is out to church as normal for a Sunday morning. He plan is to call into Asda on the way home for a few odds and ends that we need, although we are not desperate for them. If it’s raining she won’t bother though.

You will know about me handwriting my latest literary efforts and how long it’s taking to get typed up. Well, the other day I found a CD for my Staedtler digital pen, end of problem I thought. I’d actually forgotten I had this wee bit of kit and I didn’t know where it was. Of course you will know that misplacing things here in Jaronland. Actually, this time I found it in a pot under my desk where I keep all my pens not currently in use. I’ve even charged the base receiver too.

It’s still not ready though cos the ink cartridge as has dried out. So that means I need to buy some new ones of course, but that won’t happen until I have installed the software. It that won’t work with W8.1 then it’s a big waste of money – again. It looks like it has installed so tomorrow I shall be off out into town to get some now cartridges.

I had the bright idea that the Parker roller ball cartridges might fit, but they don’t, far too thick. Pity really cos there must be a hundred of them here, all left from when Dave was out spending cash on stuff he knew he would never use. To give you an idea of what I mean is the pen I now use for general use around here; I’ve been using it since 2009 when we first came back here from Atherton, and I still haven’t had to change the cartridge. So much waste he left behind.

I saw a photo of Kile on Facebook today, which in itself is OK, I’ve posted them too in the past. However, I don’t recognise the name of the poster. I’ve reported it to Facebook, not because there is anything wrong with it as such, but the comment that came with it was a huge breach of trust in my view. I’ve sent her a PM but she hasn’t replied yet and I have a feeling that she won’t do so either. I’ll let his mum know later though.

Right now I’m sat here with the mouth-watering aroma of roast beef wafting around, but sadly it’s not ours. I’m not sure which of the other three flats it’s coming from but I have feeling that it might be Sandra, or perhaps from the house just feet away from us. Anyway, it’s making me very hungry right now.

This will be a short one then, so today’s photo … 

Three meet up, St James’ park, London.

Today’s funny …

An elderly couple are in church. The wife leans over and whispers to her husband, "I just let out a long, silent fart. What should I do?" The husband replies, "First off, replace the batteries in your hearing aid!"        

No comments:

Post a Comment