Monday 16 November 2015

Happy pets



16 November

Department of Wealth Punishment (DWP), sent us a letter yesterday saying that we would be receiving a winter fuel payment to help with the cost of keeping warm this winter. That works out at around £11 per week until the end of March next year. Of course, receiving anything from the Hit Squad is always a bonus so we won’t be complaining about it, but I can see some doing so. This payment is to help towards the cost, not to pay all the cost, and that is something a lot of people don’t (won’t?) accept; silly buggers.

Roy Grace, Peter James’s Detective Superintendent has a good fish called Marlon. When I first read about Marlon I though, now that’s a nice idea, just one goldfish in a bowl sat on the table beside me. So I mentioned it to Jan and she too liked the idea. Off to A5 Aquatics we went and came back with a fair sized tank, there goldfish and a load for smaller fish, mountain minnows mainly. That tank is now sat of a stand we bought for it and while I sit here typing away I can still see them swimming around.

They can be a bit of distraction at times cos whenever I come and sit down here, they think it’s fed time and jostle around in the front top right hand corner looking for more food. Sat the other side of them are Jan’s two female gerbils, and they too are a distraction when she decides to clean them out and change the bedding and so on. They are so lively when they come out of the cage thingy Jan has them in. I normally have one of them brought and placed on my shoulder when I’m sat here, and I have to be quick to catch her before she’s off on her travels.

I have to say though, that they raise a smile on my face when I do have hold of one; they are so soft and warm, really lovely animals. And why not enjoy having them; we’re not allowed cats and dogs seeing it’s a council flat and we can get away with those. Anyway, we don’t think we can look after either a cat or a dog now anyway, so we make do with getting friendly and fusses on all the other dogs we see on the streets. We do of course ask if the dog is friendly before we approach them. What really bugs us is the prats who don’t look after their pets. Some of these dogs are very expensive to buy, and yet they get neglected and mistreated. I just don’t understand them.

Last week I noticed there was a new vet show starting on Channel 4 last night, so I set it for recording. It’s presented by some nutter called John Barrowman, a supposed comedy-actor … hmmm … I’m pleased there are only three of them in the series, cos he spoiled it for us. I shall quietly forget to record the next lot, if there is another lot. Even without Barrowman I don’t think it would work very well after the Supervet shows. At least it did show dogs who were well treated and cared for. Last night’s cases all had good outcomes and of course, not all of them will, but for the first one the better outcome looks for much more interesting viewing.

Really I suppose I should be posting a photo of one our dogs here now … Yes, of course I will ... 

Sally-pup and Penny-puss, even if Sally doesn’t look to pleased there. And no, it wasn’t staged, Penny jumped up and settled there and I was quick enough with the camera to get the shot.

Today’s funny …

 Q. What did the elephant say to the naked man? A. "How do you breathe through something so small?"       

No comments:

Post a Comment