Thursday 5 November 2015

Hodge-podge



5 November

I can’t count the number of times that we writers are told that we really do need to use an editor. No matter how good or professional a writer is, the odd slip or typo will still get through. Even the OU don’t get it right all the time. One of the illustrations in a course work book I once had, show a painting printed inverted. But surely an editor should have seen the major error I found in novel I was reading last night. I won’t say which novel and writer until I’ve been in touch and asked them to comment about it.

But basically, the story is about a DI taking a murderer off somewhere to be shown the spot where he buried one of his victims. As the murderer claims to be afraid of the cops and demands that another crim goes with them, they use two cars and six officers plus two prison staff, with one crim with four officers in each car. Get to chapter 10 however, and you find that both crims are in car and talking to each other. Surely that one should have been picked up and sorted before it was finally released.

Jan spent a long time looking at the bank accounts and trying to find all those fraudulent transactions. She then compared them with the e-books she has been buying, and guess what? After the fuss n bovver, there was no fraud, they were all down to Jan, and she is really upset at having spent so much money without realising it. It’s not good getting upset and angry with her over, it’s done now and she has enough books on her Kindle that she will never have to buy another book, ever. OK, we had a scare but it has taught us lessons. So there was no frauds.

Kile’s nan called this morning to say we can have him today if we won’t him. He has been a bit unwell so they have kept him off school. I’m not sure about that though; if he not well enough for school, how can he be well enough to come to us. I’m wondering if there is anything going on we don’t know about. We shall soon see I suppose. Keeping him occupied will be fun though seeing as the weather isn’t looking so good this weekend. We have loads of DVDs of course so it should be fine.

I’m sat here waiting for our foot butcher to arrive, for the last time too I should also say. Jenny is very good and is nice girl to talk to, but she is a tad too pricey. One of Jan’s church friends has offered to do both of us for £20 less than Jenny. That’s £20 more that can be spent elsewhere. Jenny has been calling on us for around six years now and we have been happy with it all, it’s just the cost.

It doesn’t look like I shall be able to have a swim in the Red Sea anytime soon does it? Pity really; I’ve swam in the North, Irish and Med seas as well the Indian and the Atlantic oceans. By swim I mean splush about cos I’m not a good swimmer anyway. The way things are going there won’t be any really worthwhile places abroad to visit where there is plenty of history and culture to keep us interested. And it’s all in the name of religion too.

But let’s face it, who would really want to go to Lesbos right now with so many illegals arriving there? I wouldn’t. Nor do I fancy going anywhere where the airplane I’m in might be blown from the sky! And yes, I know it’s giving to the nutters but right now I don’t think anyone can take the risk.  

And so to today’s photo … 

Mum n brats … … …

Today’s funny …

A husband and wife are trying to set up a new password for their computer. The husband puts, "Mypenis," and the wife falls on the ground laughing because on the screen it says, "Error. Not long enough."       

No comments:

Post a Comment