Friday 20 November 2015

Jaronland life ...



20 November

First off, a correction to yesterday’s blog; while writing about Cell I said part of it was in New England – well, it wasn’t, it should have been New Hampshire … sorry about that.

So now it’s time for today’s warbling’s … This evening at 6.30 our Crumble Lights are being turned on. We went for the very first such event when Tom was very small, I mean, about three years old. He was terrified of the huge crowd and Jan wasn’t happy either, while I was concerned for both of them. To add to it, a plain clothes cop was trying to drive through it – idiot!

Kile is due soon for the weekend, straight from school and I’m planning to do some really chips, not the pretend chips that you buy from Asda ( we bought a bag of spuds in the week and there’s some really big ones in there, just right for really chips). I’ve checked the freezer and found some chicken crispies to go with them, so that should be OK. Years ago Trish my sister-in-law was going out with an American air force guy and they took us over to Brentwaters where he was stationed, where we had an excellent dinner in one of restaurants on the base. Now here’s the point … the veg/salad bar was free and I found something I can’t remember the name of but basically it was sweetcorn and sliced green beans cooked together in a garlic liquor, served with melted butter. Jan doesn’t like it but me and Kile will enjoy some later today.

I think tonight’s effort would be a decent photo opportunity, but the weather isn’t looking to great right now. Being stuck on a scooter in cold rain isn’t a good idea at all. We shall see later. Tomorrow looks pretty good though, and seeing as Jan is off to a churchy-thing, I will wrapped up well and off I shall go. I’ve not been out for a photo shoot for some time now so I shall be looking forward that. The last time I was out in town with my camera I was rather nervous after a row on a Facebook page about taking shots of people in the street. The person concerned wouldn’t my point that I was acting within my legal rights to do so while I couldn’t see what she was complaining about. Even agreeing with about how the photos were used is the main point wouldn’t shift her. Anyway – I shall be there tomorrow. I will not be stopped from following my hobby by such people.

Yesterday I mentioned the brain scan I’m due to have next Saturday. Along with appointment letter there was questionnaire I was asked to fill in and take with me. However, if I can ‘yes’ to seven of the questions, I should ring them for guidance. I filled it out last night and can answer ‘yes’ to four of them; I have stent, I’ve had spine surgery, I don’t know if there are pins or clips at that site, and finally I do have disabilities. What they will make of that lot I don’t know, when I do finally get through on the phone. And I’ve just got off the phone and there’s no problems and the scan can go ahead as planned.

The other day Jan was on the phone to our energy supplier, OVOEnergy. We’ve been with them for ages now and currently pay just £44 a month, and we’re in credit. Even when we had both gas and electric from them we only paid around £75 monthly. It’s all done on line, that’s why it’s so cheap I suppose. The reason for Jan to call them was to find out if they were included in the WarmFront government think where you get a discount if you are getting guaranteed pension credit, which I am. So Jan called and asked about it but was told that we had to call DWP to make the arrangements for the discount.

I was rather doubtful about that cos I thought DWP and the energy companies were supposed to sort it out for us; so I called DWP and it’s already set-up to be paid sometime before the end of March. The wait isn’t an issue seeing as we don’t actually get it, OVO does and it’s taken off our bill. It does mean that if we are still in credit we will have lots of leccy to burn next year. Not only that, but we won’t have to worry about being cold now.

Photo time … 

One from the market.

Funny time …

A Jewish businessman in America decided to send his son to Israel to absorb some of the culture of the homeland. When the son returned, the father asked him to tell him about his trip.
The son said, "Pop, I had a great time in Israel. By the way, I converted to Christianity." "Oy vey," said the father. "What have I done?"
He decided to go ask his friend Jacob what to do. Jacob said, "Funny you should ask. I too sent my son to Israel, and he also came back a Christian. Perhaps we should go see the rabbi and ask him what we should do."
So they went to see the Rabbi. The Rabbi said, "Funny you should ask.I too sent my son to Israel. He also came back a Christian. What is happening to our young people? Perhaps we should go talk to God and ask him what to do."
The three of them prayed and explained what had happened to their sons and asked God what to do. Suddenly a voice came loud and clear from Heaven. The Voice said, "funny you should ask, I too sent my son to Isreal..."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment