Sunday 7 June 2015

Tow-legged mouth invader



7 June

If yesterday was Lieinday, today has to be Cantbefussedday; and that really is just how I feel right now. The only times I had got up out of my chair is make a drink or go to the peepee room. Jan has decided to get a shower so the telly is off for now and I’ve made mesen get up and boot up me ‘puter. So there you have it folks, the Black Dog is visiting again.

Yesterday I was going to watch The Longest Day which I thought we had, but we don’t so as Jan didn’t go out yesterday we watched Die Hard 2 instead. We followed that one up with one on Netflix which I can’t remember much about now, including the damned title, shows how good it was eh.

Anyway, this afternoon we have sat and watched The Truth About Your Teeth, which I recorded a few days ago. I’ve always thought my teeth are really bad, but compared to some of the people on the show, mine aren’t too bad at all. The thing is folks, where I am just like all those people on the show, I don’t like dentists. The thought of someone messing about in my mouth while I lie there wide awake just makes me shudder, and I’ve been like that as long as I can remember. For once though, my mouth is not sore today; it’s not a really nasty soreness anyway, just an irritation I suppose. It’s because after nearly 50 years, my top plate is now rather loose and I have to watch what I eat. I suppose that at some time I shall have to go and see the two legged mouth invader, just getting the courage to do so.

Every year my army pension gets a small increase in the amount paid. We certainly won’t get rich on it though. So every year the pension credit department sends me a letter to ask for details on my ‘occupational pension’. So every year I send them my P60 from the army pension guys and it gets thrown back at me cos it isn’t recent enough for them, even though it’s only six weeks old. So far this year I haven’t bother so it won’t be long before they write to me again. I suppose I shall have to get me finger out and do something about it. I’ve just look out the paperwork and this year, it’s not an increase but a reduction of 21p. See what I mean about not getting rich!

Today’s photo then … 

I’m second from the left, in army training, 1967.

Today’s funny …
What are three fish beginning and ending with the letter 'K'?
Killer shark
Kwiksave boil-in-the-bag smoked haddock
Kilmarnock (which is a small plaice in Scotland)

No comments:

Post a Comment