Saturday 20 June 2015

Another Saturday



20 June

It’s Armed Forces Day today, and what nasty weather we have here in Dorktown for it. As it happens, we didn’t have any plans for going out today anyway, and as I had forgotten about Armed Forces Day anyway, we have lost nothing by not going out. Kile is with us again and he’s happy playing on the Wii, and will do all day if we allowed him to. Later we will watch a film on NetFlix seeing as we still haven’t managed to get that stuck DVD out of the player.

There I was having a look around the ‘net on me tablet when I suddenly got a very strange page indeed pop up. Basically it’s a phissing scam demanding a £100 fine for viewing illegal images; what was illegal about looking at book shops and sales I don’t know. What arrived was a screen with loads of light blue UN badges on a white background. The two annoying things is that I can’t get rid of it and now it’s stuck on one of my pages, and secondly, it looks like it’s trying to open other websites, even when I have opened the browser – very strange. I’ve run the Norton on there and it’s found nothing.

I think I have found what caused my fall the other day; my left foot is dragging and that is causing me trip. The carpet burn has turned into a long and wide bruise from my left elbow to my wrist, and hurts like mad now. Anyway, I’ve tripped again twice so far today, so on Monday it’s a case of getting up early and getting to see a GP about it before I really cause some serious damage to one or both of us. All I can do for now is to make sure I lift that left leg a bit more than I would normally do. I’m hoping that it isn’t going to be yet another serious health problem to deal with. I have enough as it is.

Last night Kile and I had spaghetti and meat balls. Very nice it was too. However, clever sod that I am cooked about twice as much spaghetti as actually needed. Next time I shall be cooking a lot less. Today will be a lot easier seeing as we all having sausage, egg and really chips, not frozen ones. Well, Jan and I will have eggs anyway, Kile doesn’t like eggs unless they are made by Cadbury’s.

I began the second of the Game of Thrones books. Now I know why Lord Stannis is such a miserable sod. He’s even let his long time councillor die. Looks a good one again. Jam is now on #4 of the series … muttermuttermutter; mind you, I have a couple of others in between the first and second o the series. I also read the four page print out of Arathusia and I did a few changes read for one come to proof read and edit. All I need to do it get me figure out and get some more written.

Off to Cov again for today’s photo … 

Lady Godiva.

Today’s funny …
Tipper Gore discovered that her husband's great great uncle, Gunther Gore, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Tennessee in 1889. The only existing photograph shows him standing on the gallows. On the back of the picture is this inscription: "Gunther Gore; horse thief. Sent to Tennessee Prison 1883, escaped 1887. Robbed the Tennessee Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889."
After letting President Clinton's large staff of professional image consultants review this discovery, they took the following actions to assist Al's campaign to become our next president. They decided to crop Gunther's picture, scan it in as an enlarged image, and edited it with image processing software so that all that is seen in the final picture is a head shot. Along with this enhanced photo, the accompanying biographical sketch was sent to the Associated Press:
"Gunther Gore was a famous cattleman in early Tennessee history. His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Tennessee railroad company. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to service at a government facility, finally taking leave to resume his business enterprise with the railroad. In 1887 he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889 Gunther regrettably died suddenly during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform on which he was standing collapsed."

No comments:

Post a Comment