Monday 29 June 2015

Facebook food.



29 June

Facebook; whether you love it or hate, its here with us and will remain with us. It wastes so much of our time, time we will never get back. But it also supports and helps so many of us as and when we need it. Sadly is has a dark side too, and that is what we have to watch when we use it. That is why when anyone looks at my profile, they only see what I want them to see, and even that might not be true. There is also the ability to only allow access to your profile to friends only. But even that can be abused because other profiles could be a pack of lies from start to finish, and that can be a way of suckering in users to become victims of so much of the nasty side or the ‘net.

One of the groups I subscribe to on Facebook for the Army Catering Corps, in which I served for 12 years. Looking at the membership list I have found a good few names I remember from the past. But the group has got me thinking quite a bit too. During my time in the corps, we knew how many men we had who were entitled to use the dining services. That way we knew how many to cook for, which made it easy to do. But I think the system has changed somewhat now. Soldiers are required to buy their meals as they take them and I wonder how it works in practice. And do the chefs know how many to cook for?

I had an appointment with diabetes nurse this afternoon so she could check the feeling sensation on the sole of me feet. It seems that I have a lost a good bit of feeling in the base of the toes on my right foot, my left foot is fine apparently. I also have good strong pulse in both feet too. All this is over the fall last week and she saw the bruising on my left arm and asked if I was injured anywhere else and asked to see the bruised left leg as well. She took one look at graze and said that needs to be covered and kept covered to stop infections. We haven’t bothered, wanting it to dry out and heal itself. Not only did she dress it she gave more dressing in case I need them. I also have to go back to see her on Thursday afternoon.

Jan mentioned the fall to one of her friends and her hubby, she an ex-nurse, he a retired GP. Both thought that I may have had a mini stroke. I don’t think so and these two are the only ones who thought it a possibility. We are both hoping that it wasn’t one but I will mention when I go back on Thursday. I have no idea if they can tell I’d had now a week later. Oh how we have fun with our health folks … … …

Jan is out right now at a special church meeting about whether the guy they have been looking at for new minister is to be invited. From what Jan says, I would suggest that it’s a done deal already. But you can never tell how some people will react when it comes to making a decision can you?

So for today’s photo … 

A nice red flower,

And today’s funny …
A man has five items in his bathroom: a toothbrush, razor, shaving cream, a bar of soap, and a towel from the Motel 6. The average number of items in a woman's bathroom is 328. The average man would not be able to identify most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment