Thursday 4 June 2015

Computer problem



4 June

For some reason I’ve been trying to avoid sitting at me ‘puter for some days. When I do get to start it up I’m very reluctant to do anything on it. That is why didn’t do my blog yesterday. Of course there is more than my blog to do isn’t there. I have my photos to sort out, and my Facebook account a twitter accounts to keep an eye on. Thankfully I’m not selling anything on Ebay right now. And then there’s my writing, which is not being done at all. The constant hammering and banging up on the roof is pretty distracting too. Add in my itchy feet syndrome (not really itchy but wanting to be off somewhere itchy), I don’t feel like sitting here at the keyboard at all.

We should be having Kile here this weekend because he is actually in Disneyland Paris right now. He won’t be back till sometime tomorrow afternoon. It will be whether he wants to come to us to rest or try to rest at home with Billy racing around making his normal noise and chaos. We’ll see tomorrow.

The novel Doctor Sleep, is around half way through now. I’m not sure how much I rate it really. It’s OK, ish, but so far there’s nothing for me rave about. Some years ago I went through a phase of reading King’s books and sort of became jaded with them. Perhaps that’s happening again. As it is I don’t have any more of his books to read after this one, so I’ll get a break from them anyway. I have the latest Peter James book, You Are Dead, waiting to be read after the King one is done with. After that is #2 in the Game of Thrones series. Yesterday while I was in Asda I saw the first series of DVDs on offer at £11. I didn’t bother getting them though, we have enough to do as it is.

I wonder how many DSLR users actually use the video mode on the cameras. I don’t and I have no intention of doing so. Jan does videos but uses a camcorder to do so. It makes me wonder why manufacturers are putting that mode into their camera bodies. I suppose it does make some sense I suppose in that you would only need to take one camera out with you instead of two. But there again, you can do most of what can be done on camcorders and DSLRs in a smartphone. So why bother with anything else? Might I suggest it’s down to using the right tool for the job? Let’s face it, you don’t use a screw driver to cut a piece of wood do you. I can hear the howls of protest already … … …

I really do like high tension pylons as photo subjects … 


This one was at Rainham.

And today’s funny …

A man walks into a bar with a box. The barman says: "Free drink if you show me what's in the box. "OK" he says, and opens it, revealing a mini-pianist. "Where did you get that?" says the barman. " I've got a magic ring. Rub it, and it grants a wish," says the man. "Let me have a go for another free drink." The barman rubs it and 1,000 ducks run in. "I didn't ask for that!" screams the barman. "I wanted a 1,000 bucks!" "Well, do you think I asked for a 12in-pianist?"      

No comments:

Post a Comment