Saturday 27 June 2015

Dreaming again ...



27 June

My intention when I began writing this blog was post something every day and to begin with that was fairly easy. As time went on I found that some days I was really fighting to find something to write about. Bit strange really in that when I am speaking to someone face to face I can always find something to say. Yesterday I thought I would wait until I had been to see the GP before I wrote the blog. However, we needed a bit of shopping as well so while I was out I went off and did that too. By the time I got back it was a tad late so I didn’t do the blog, as I’m sure you had noticed.

Today is Armed Forces Day here in Dorktown so we are going off into town to try to get some photos of what is going on. It seems that different places are holding Armed Forces Day at different time, something I can’t understand really. Surely it would have a larger impact if the whole country held it on the same day. Whatever, we shall make the most of today’s nice sunny weather.

Just before I left for the GPs yesterday we caught to start of a telly show Escape to the Continent, which we hadn’t bothered watching before. Yesterday it was looking at properties in Cyprus, a country I really like during my 15 months there. So we recorded it and watched it later, and it wasn’t at all bad. At one time I had said that when I was one of the idle rich I would retire there; well, I’ve got idle bit, now all we need is rich bit.

But it occurred to me that we had looked before at moving abroad, Majorca at that time. Watching that show last night, we both felt that we would like to go and live in the Med area at some time. Finding a place seemed to be fairly straight forward, but of course a telly show would only show the easy bits of the process. There was nothing about the one area that would be most important to us, that is health care. Of course we would need to think carefully about a lot of things, one of which would be the issue of why we wanted to leave the UK in the first place.

Well, right now with country in such a big mess as it is and a government that only cares about itself and its big business mates, there is little here to keep us here. There is Kile of course, but even so, if we could afford to move abroad to live, we would be able of take Kile for a couple of weeks holiday as well. None of is likely to happen soon anyway, if at all, but there’s nowt to stop us dreaming is there.

Today’s photo is of an elderly gent in Brum …

I can'help but admire thsi chap for his determination to get out and about.

And today’s funny …

God made man before woman so the man would have time to think of an answer for the woman's first question.      

No comments:

Post a Comment