Monday 15 June 2015

Today's mumblings ...



15 June

Here we are half way through June and I’m sat here feeling fairly chilled. Last night Jan got up and put the heating on, she was that cold. We are both hoping it will warm up soon. At one time I never really felt cold at all, even during the winter, but in the last few years I have really begun to feel even the most minor drop in temperature. When Jan first came down here, it was her who felt any such drop. The way all change eh … … …

I’m a tad peeved over something else now. Sitting here under my ‘puter table is a large laser printer that has worked fine. So yesterday I wanted to print part of a Word file I had ready and set it to print. And it wouldn’t print; instead I got an error message saying that I had to open EndNote before the document would print. OK, so I did, and it still won’t print! I’m now running Office 360 on a yearly subscription and that seems to be problem. I will get to find out how to it but that will take away time learning something that I hadn’t planned on instead of getting on with something more productive.

One such productive things that need doing is to sort out our DVD player. Kile put a DVD into yesterday and the player didn’t recognise it. That’s happened before so we’ve ejected it and tried it again and it’s worked. But with this DVD it won’t even eject it and gives us a ‘No Disc’ error message. I’m hoping we don’t have to pay out to get it sorted. And while I’m on about DVDs …

I’ve just sat watching telly when something else came to mind. Priori incantartum (I hope that’s spelled properly). Can you guess what films/DVDs I’m thinking about? If you thought of Parry Hotter you’re right. Thing is, Parry and Old Voldi’s wands shared the same core, a phoenix feather. As we know Parry eventually beats the old baddy and that’s what struck me see. How could Parry have beaten the old man with a replacement wand I wonder? And it has just struck me how, all the horcuses were destroyed leaving the old man undefended, and it didn’t matter which wand was used would it.

Now with that highly important bit of thinking out of the way, I can on with lesser things eh; like Ed James Wind Chill, the sixth book in his Scott Cullen series. Based in Edinburgh this series give an entirely different view point of the city than Rankins Rebus books. I still read Rankin when brings out something new though. Once Cullen #6 was finished I started Morgan Rice’s next one Rise of the Valliant. This one begins straight after the end of the #1 with Kyra being sent off to learn things her father can’t teach her. I shall leave it at that for, just in case you want to have a go at it yourself.

Today’s photo … 

Expecting rain perhaps?

Today’s funny

While cleaning the attic, Joan and Harry found an old stub for some shoes they left at the repair shop 10 years ago. They thought it would be funny to go to the shop and see if the shoes were still there. So they did. They handed the stub to the repair man who took it and looked in the back. He came out again and said, "They'll be ready on Wednesday."
         

No comments:

Post a Comment