Friday 5 June 2015

The work goes on



5 June

Kile is not coming to us this weekend, he wants to stay at home instead. We expected that having already spent several days away from home, so we’re OK with his choice. He got back to Dorktown early this morning, very early this morning. Sam had a phone call at 3.30 to say they would be back earlier than they thought. From the little I’ve seen and heard so far today, he’s had a great time over in France. I’m still envious about his trip, I never had the chance to go. Our school ran a trip to Austria one year but my parents couldn’t afford it. We’re pleased that the cost for Kile to go was raised and even more so in that he enjoyed it.

The work outside progresses slowly but I still can’t puzzle out how they are working things. They began with the scaffolding next door outside Roy’s place. Then they came back to ours and carried on from there. Then they started removing the roof tiles from our block and have moved on down the block. By the look of it though, they are going to finish the roofing along the block and then coming back to do ours. Not only that, they haven’t started removing the side tiles yet. Having watched how they worked on the block opposite, it seems that they have changed things around. But a problem came up yesterday …

I’ve said before that these blocks of flats are a mixed lot. The ground floor flats are ‘supported’ flats for the elderly or disabled, and we have a warden on call at any time we need help. Those upstairs are general purpose flats and anyway can move into them. Something we are NOT, is a football terrace or a drunks’ bar. So yesterday when we heard the ‘F’ word being bandied about by one young man, I spoke to the site manager about it. It seems this man has been spoken to before about his language and has ignore what has been said. Perhaps he will take note now a complaint has been made. I hope so anyway.

I’ve said before that I enjoy a pint or ten every so often. Well, I used to anyway. But it’s been so long that I’ve had any ale, I really don’t fancy it any more. Even the bottle of malt beside me won’t be replaced when I have finished it. Not only is my weight coming down, but my eyes are not so red every morning. It seems like a win-win all round eh. We hope so anyway.

Today’s photo … 



Taken as we entered the aquarium last year.

And today’s funny …

Two dogs and a cat go to a prom, and they enjoy it so much that they asked to go backstage. The doorman says: "You can't come back here, what do you know about music?" The first dog said: "I Bach," the second one said: "I Offenbach," and the cat said: "I'm Debussy."  

No comments:

Post a Comment