Sunday 28 June 2015

Saturday in the sun



28 June

We were disappointed yesterday with Armed Forces Day. By the time we found out where it was happening and made our way there, it was nearly finished and most of the displays were packing up. Last year it was a small event in Abbey Street, and that’s where I assumed it would happen this year. In 12 months it has grown to a huge display and was held on the Carnival Field, a large area on the other side of the town centre. OK, so we missed what we went out for but all round we had a great day in the sun, and I got 121 new photos too. Don’t know how many Jan got. She normally takes a lot more than me anyway.

Jan’s church doesn’t have a minister right now after Ric retired. Today they are meeting you up with who they hope will be their new guy. The day will involve two services, a bring and share lunch and a question and answer session. Happily I’m not involved with it but I hope they get someone soon. At times this thing can go on for a couple of years. When I was involved there always seemed to be a battle between the ‘old’ and the ‘new’ church, and very unsightly it was too.

At last my bruising on my arm from my fall are starting to ease, but the bruising on my leg is only just starting to show. The graze is not so clever either. I want to leave it open to the air so it will dry up, but sadly at night it sticks to the bottom sheet on the bed, with the result that I now have small stains on it in various places. I was looking at changing it but Jan said to leave it for now until the graze stops sticking, otherwise we would be changing the sheet every day. Me misses has sense yer know.

So 121 taken (now there’s a thing, 121 is the squadron number for the local Air Training Corps), and I got 36 out of them. OK, none of them are world class but I’m happy with them. Here’s the first one … 

Jan with her ice cream, and no, I didn’t have one!

Today’s funny …

A man will pay £10 for a £5 item he needs.
A woman will pay £5 for a £10 item that she doesn't need, because it's on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment