Sunday 14 June 2015

Thoughts on a CPAP



14 June

After yesterday’s drenching, today we have a lot of sunshine which is drying things out. Sadly though, we don’t have the dosh to go out birding, but hey-ho, I’m sure we will get over it.

As I’ve said before, among my many health concerns is sleep apnoea, treated by the use of a CPAP (continuous positive air pressure) machine. Once it is diagnosed you have to inform DVLA of it, which I did of course. The requirement for keeping your driving licence is that you use the CPAP for a minimum of five hours a night over the previous seven nights. For the last couple of years however, I have been using mine from when I settle to when I get up. It averaged out at nine and half hours a night at the last sleep clinic I attended. Anyway …

I got to thinking about it a bit more. I’ve been thinking of handing in my driving licence for around six months. There will not be a legal requirement on me to use the CPAP then, but will I stop using it I wonder. I think I will because I am now so used to it that that on the odd occasion when I have tried a night without it, I haven’t slept at all. So maybe I will carry on with it.

I ended up getting it because Jan went to the GP with one time and before we left his office she reminded me about stopping breathing during the night. Dr Clamp then told me to sit back down again, looked at Jan and asked her what was happening. Within six weeks I seen a consultant at the Walsgrave, done a sleep test study and walked out with a brand now CPAP. So yes, I think they ‘maybe’ will be dropped and I will keep on with it.

I have to start with dinner a few minutes so this one will be a short one. Seeing as I now use a Nikon D5200, here’s the very first shot I took with it …
 
Jan sat in the Anker.

Here’s the last groaner for a while …

Q: Did you hear about the hungry clock? A: It went back four seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment