Wednesday 21 January 2015

Water all over, new books and Permit? ... OPPPS It's too late



21 January

That was fun … NOT! Jan went out to the kitchen to make a coffee and while she waited for the kettle, she opened the washer door to move the washing to dryer. And a load of water came out when she opened the door. Oh dear … the kitchen is no covered in towels that will need to be washed in a wee while. Once we got the door closed I put the washer on again and we are hoping it will got through a normal rinse mode now and get rid of the remaining water. What a silly game!

I suppose we had to have something go wrong seeing as we had a nice day over at the Merry Hell shopping centre yesterday. I say ‘day’ but really it was only around 4 hours plus travel time. Driving home was fun too seeing as it started snowing as we slowly made our way back to the car. By the time we got out onto the main road it was coming down hard. Then it turned to sleet and finally rain and within a few minutes it went through the whole thing again, and again and all the way home. A big surprise awaited us when we got home in finding our normal parking space hadn’t been taken. See what I mean? A good day is always followed by some sort of disaster the next day.

While we were out I called into Waterstones to find a couple of books on calorie counting and on carb rates, I found them both in one book, Carbs and Cals by Chris Cheyett6e and Yello Balolia (ISBD 9781908261076). It’s a pocket sized book and rather handy and helpful.

I also bought another book while I was there. On offer at ‘£2 off’ I bought Pinocchio by Pinocchio, written by Michael Morpurgo, illustrated by Emma Chichester Clark. I think it’s meant to be children’s book, but so was Parry Hotter eh? As I’m already part way through Reverse your Diabetes and Order of the Phoenix, this new one will have to wait a wee bit.  

As always, I had a camera with me yesterday and started shooting pretty much straight away. Then I remembered that over the weekend I had mounted my Nikon on a tripod and was shooting birds through the window when they were on our bird table – BUT, I had used manual focus. I’d forgotten that again; it’s something I mentioned the other day about forgetting to change the settings as I went along. Ah well … … …

As we walked around I notice that the security men were wearing a really nice tie; so I asked on if I could take a shoot of just he tie. He refused saying that I needed a permit from the owners to take pictures within the centre. Of course I didn’t haven’t, but seeing as we were about to leave I didn’t both asking how to get one. Mind you, it was too late anyway … 

One of the art works on display there and I’ve been told where the term ‘legging it’ comes from. It from a time where bargemen had to propel their barges through low tunnels just using their legs.

Now time for a funny …

I lovingly gave my niece a kiss on her cheek upon seeing her at a family get-together. Afterwards, I noticed her wiping her cheek. “Are you wiping off my kiss?”, I asked her. “No”, she smartly replied, “I’m just rubbing it in!”

No comments:

Post a Comment