Thursday 29 January 2015

Next years dinner, bored and not watching what I'm doing!



29 January

Jan is off this afternoon to bring Tom over here for dinner. At long last I’ve a way of getting him into the oven. The heavy sauce is ready for when I’ve finished seal him. The worst part of course is that he will take so long to cook and won’t be ready until this time next year; ah well, just have to wait then.

I’m sat here wondering what to do next. Do I read or do I try to write, or do I watch telly? Oh the choices we have to make. What I fancy doing is to go off birding but it’s far too cold for that and with snow covering various areas in the area, and still falling, things won’t get any easier or warmer. It’s the thought of being in here in the warm that gives me the choices I have to make right now. Whatever I choose to do, I shall be thinking that I could be doing … or … It’s a hard life being retired ;-)))  

The engineer arrived on time yesterday to fit our new radiator and it’s working well. Once he was done and gone, the next job was to get all the towels we had used to try to dry out the carpet, washed and dried. Luckily we have a condenser/dryer so it didn’t all that long. Not only that, but it looks like the carpet hasn’t been stained by it all. I’m pleased by that seeing as I didn’t really want to make a claim on the insurance for it. There’s a £100 excess on it and then they bump up your premium after.

Now there’s daft! There I was happily typing away when I thought that it didn’t look right for some reason. Looking at the work count I realised that I was using the wrong file and had only 1300 words, not the 500K+ words it should have been. Not only that but I was struggling to see it properly and that wasn’t good at all; all sorted now though.

I’m babbling ... time for a photo … 

A thistle, I think.

And today’s funny …
When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, “I’m not sure…” “Look in your underwear, Grandma,” he advised, “mine says I’m 4 to 6.”


No comments:

Post a Comment