Thursday 15 January 2015

Curry, fat and the BEEB got it right for once!



15 January

For once the BEEB has got the forecast for today’s weather correct. When we got up it was bright and sunny, then it quickly clouded over and had a shower. Then sunny, shower … … ... and high winds through it all. We still need to get ready and go out and do some shopping no matter what the weather is. Never mind.

I have begun reading Revering Your Diabetes yesterday more or less as soon as it arrived yesterday morning. The basis is the reduction of carbohydrates in your diet; note, reducing, not stopping them altogether. It’s an easy read in regards to style and voice but I think the message on later pages will be a hard one to swallow. But I do need to take note of it, I really do.

Whetherspoons has its weekly curry club night tonight and I have been fancying it for some time now. It’s been around four months since I last had a curry in there. Jan has come up with the idea of going out at the right time to get the shopping done and getting to the pub in time for me to have a curry; not sure what Jan will have though. The thing is though, curry can be very high in fat content, and it’s the fat I need to get rid of. I’m sure I can make my own that doesn’t have anywhere near as much fat in it.  As per usual, we’ll see.

Guess what? My books shelves are still not up on the wall! We keep says we will do it tomorrow; and of course tomorrow never comes. I really do need to get them done though so I can get my books sorted out. Doing that might actually help me to find that 500mm lens which is still missing. It’s a bit annoying really cos I’ve only ever used it twice and even though it’s not an expensive lens as such, right now it’s a wasted load of money not being used.

For today’s photo then, here’s one of the shots I got with that 500mm lens … 

Some wind power generators off Skegness beach. I liked the way the the blades were all more or less in line. This one was hand held so I don't think I did too badly here.

Our favourite Sage has spoken again …

Women's Friends:
A woman didn't come home one night. The next morning
she told her husband that she had slept over at a
friend's house. The man called his wife's 10 best
friends. None of them knew anything about it.

Friendship among Men:
A man didn't come home one night. The next morning he
told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's
house. The woman called her husband's 10 best
friends. Eight confirmed that he had slept over, and
two said he was still there.       

No comments:

Post a Comment