Tuesday 13 January 2015

Lost and found, price comapison and a young life ruined!



13 January

Oh the youth of today! Some of them seem to think of the ‘now’ and not of the future. They want things to happen with a click of the fingers, and then are disappointed that it didn’t happen just as they wanted. In July last year a 15 year old girl started a fire in the town’s Wilkinson store because she was bored with her work experience placement. How sad is that? Her boredom will now follow her where ever she goes. It is probably unlikely that anyone will give her a job now for fear of the same thing happening again. Of course, we can’t be told what her name is because of her age, so she may get away with it until someone does a police criminal check. Her sentence of a tree year youth rehabilitation order which she now find to be rather restrictive. The hope now must be that she won’t get6 bored again and do something just as stupid!

The lost and found saga of Jaronland continues. My 500mm lens still hasn’t turned up; but while I was searching for last night I found my Sony 50mm f1.4 lens did turn up. I’m pleased about that because it’s a good and fast lens. It was an expensive lens too and the thought of having lost it permanently was a worry.

The price of gear has been mentioned in the new issue of AP in a letter from a John Heywood. He says he has just bought a new cooker and then goes on the say that a new washer and dish washer could have been added and the cost would have been around £700. John then claims he couldn’t get any ‘serious’ photo-gear for that amount money and asks why? The editor doesn’t agree that you can compare kitchen kit with photo-gear; the amount of technology is far higher in the latter.

Personally I would take issue with the term ‘serious’. What does he mean by that? The same issue has a feature by a young French photographer working in Hong Kong, who can only ever by described as being serious. His gear is a Nikon D5200 and 10-20mm wide angle lens. This class of camera is thought of as entry level and is currently priced at £449 at Currys ...  (http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/digital-cameras/dslr-cameras/nikon-d5200-dslr-camera-with-18-55-mm-vr-ii-telephoto-zoom-lens-remote-control-extra-battery-22103707-pdt.html)  That is the deal I took up when I bought mine last year. I suppose there are all types of snobbery around; or perhaps John was having an off day.

Another letter in today’s mag is about kids and cameras where the writer was surprised that a child of one of family didn’t know what a camera was. That was because she is used to seeing photos taken on a phone or tablet. OK, that lass was only around two, but for today’s photo, here’s Kile using my Sony A350 and Tamron 18-270mm zoom – and he’s bloody good with it too!



Last the Sage spoke words of wisdom …


Hi Bob,
This is Dave next door.
I'm sorry buddy, but I have a confession to make to you. I've been
riddled with guilt these past few months and have been trying to
pluck up the courage to tell you to your face but I am at least now
telling in text as I can't live with myself a moment longer without you
knowing.

The truth is, I have been sharing your wife, day and night when
you're not around. In fact, probably more than you, particularly in
the mornings after you've left for work.

I haven't been getting it at home recently, but that's no
excuse I know. I can no longer live with the guilt and I hope you
will accept my sincerest apologies.
My partner has known for some time now and I've
promised her that it won't happen again.
===================================================================
Bob, feeling anguished and betrayed, immediately went into his
bedroom, grabbed his gun, and without a word, shot his wife twice
in the head and killed her.

He returned to the lounge where he poured himself a stiff drink
and sat down on the sofa. He took out his phone to respond to the
neighbours text and saw he had another message:-


======================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment