Friday 23 January 2015

An update, a writing group and the king is dead



23 January

Further to yesterday’s blog, the police are saying that the various reports of kids being followed to and from school are not linked. This is meant to be reassurance to parents. If I had school age kids I wouldn’t be so reassured at all. If there are so many different and separate incidents, it indicates that there is a much larger problem within the town. Extra patrols are being made at the schools concerned; but is it just me or do others think the pervs will move on to other schools?

Also in today’s News there is a report from the local writers group. It was mainly an ad to encourage more local writers to join in. I’ve thought about a few times and have actually made enquiries but when it comes down to it, I keep forgetting about. I suppose at some time I will make an effort and go. My biggest hold-up will be reading out my own work; which I find very hard to do. But forgetting about the group is not a new thing for me. I’m also a member of the local birders group, and I keep forgetting their meetings too. And even worse is the town’s camera club, and that meets every Monday evening and keep forgetting about that one too. I really do need to make an effort though.

I’ve just read on Facebook that the Saudi king has died. I’m not sure how that will play out in middle-eastern politics. With that king in power the country was a strict Sunni Muslim country. But will the new king be the same or stricter or maybe even relax things. It is something we here in Britain should be aware of because of our energy supplies and other interests we have in the area. Just how much influence we might have is debateable though.

I’m still on a fancy for a trip to Brum and I’d hoped that today might be the day. And yet, here I am, sat at me ‘puter typing this! Well, you see, the forecast to for today’s weather was for rain moving from the west with Brum getting a soaking by now. Rain is not fun for those of us with mobility problems my friends. I’m sure I’ll get there soon enough though.

Today’s photo is another from Tuesdays … 
Metal bashin'


Today’s funny …

My daughter sure showed me what a back seat driver I am! On our way to the mall today, I stopped short at a red light causing the car to jolt. As soon as I jerked my 3 year old in the back seat hollered Daaaaave. Not sure why she had called my husband’s name, I asked her why she had said what she did. “That’s what you say when someone stops like that”, she innocently replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment