Wednesday 14 January 2015

New cooker, a diet and likes and dislikes



14 January

A couple of weeks ago we decided that we would buy a new cooker and went ahead ordered it. Yesterday afternoon we had a text message come in to say that it would be delivered between 8 to 10am this morning. So I set the alarm for 7am to make sure we were up and about ready. It finally arrived here just after 9am. Seeing that we didn’t settle until after midnight, we are both feeling rather tired right now. At least we can have a lie in tomorrow morning.

I have been interested in watching that BBC show on which is the best diet for an individual and this morning we watched the first one. One of the test they did was to give each of 75 dieters a machine and then presented them with trays with various foods on them. The idea was that you pulled on the machine at each tray of food; the harder the pull the more you wanted that particular item. Sounds good in theory but I saw one item that I wouldn’t have reacted to. I can’t stand popcorn, so when that tray arrived in front of me, I wouldn’t have reacted.

Later there were three tables laid out with all the foods that one of the three groups of eaters would be expected to eat while involved with the program. Again, not a bad idea; but looking at the items on there I began to wonder what would happen if someone didn’t like the items. Take Jan for instance; she is not keen on rice and pasta, fresh tomatoes, only likes iceberg lettuce and as for red, green and yellow peppers, well, forget it? So how would a dieter manage if they didn’t like the items on offer? Later we shall look at last night’s show and tomorrow we’ll watch tonight’s.

I belong to the Facebook Diabetes UK group and it has been pushing a new book by a Dr David Cavan, Reverse Your Diabetes. The idea behind is to reduce of carbohydrates in your diet and there by reverse you diabetes, or at least that’s what I have thought it was about. The book arrived this morning so I need to sit and read it. I’m willing to give it a go but the thought of no bread, pasta, rice and potatoes is a bit daunting. Let’s see how we get on.

Today’s photo … 

A daisy on the bank of the path to the new hide at Titchwell.

And today’s funny is short and sweet …

I was a little taken aback when I got my receipt from the funeral parlor, on the bottom of the receipt, after the bill, it read, “Thank you. Please come again.”

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of a new cooker. Hope you are both enjoying it.
    J x

    ReplyDelete