Monday 28 July 2014

On learning the cost, real ale v craft ale and day tripsX2



28 July

With being Sunday yesterday, we both had days out, but to different places. Jan went off to Paxton Pits, while I headed off to Bourton on the Water and Oxford. We both had good days out too. Watch out on Facebook for more videos from Jan, this time of a kingfisher. I came back with over 200 covering both places but mainly Bourton really.

I was knackered again by the time I got home though. I need to rethink these days out really; I’m getting very tired after them. Yesterday however, I took Jan’s walker to try out, and guess what? It worked well for me. I did feel a little odd in that I did see a number of others using them, but I was the only man with one. That doesn’t really worry me though; if I need to use one and I have access to one, I shall use it!

Once in Oxford I headed for a pint in the White Horse, followed by a half in Kings Arms. I was thinking of having lunch in there but their prices we a bit too steep for my liking. Anyway, why I was there I overheard a rather nebulous conversation two men were having. It went something like this – well, at least on side, I could hardly hear the other person, ‘It all depends on how we see ourselves as individual humans really. If we ourselves as being worthy, do we see all other people as being just as worthy; and where does that leave us with Humanity as a whole?’ Anyway, I was enjoying a half of DNA, so didn’t take a lot of notice after that lot.

As most of you know by now, I’m rather fond of real ale. That DNA I had yesterday is a ‘craft ale’. So what is the difference between and craft ale and real ale, other than one being handle pulled and the other seems to gas driven. It’s something that I won’t be worrying about all much, just thought it might worth a mention on here.

I’ve just checked the diary for this week and we have a clear week for once. No GP or hospital visits to do. The only item we do have is the funeral of our friend Tom Wilson on Friday. Both of us will go that I’m sure. Hopefully I shall spend some time in getting some writing done. Oh yes … Yesterday’s Observer had an ad in it for some writing courses. The one I fancied was How to write a first draft. My interest crashed to a stop when I saw the price; £4,000 for a six months course (or £3500 if you register before 30 July). Won’t be bothering now.

So today’s photo has to be from yesterday doesn’t it really? So how about … 

A pair of mulocan cockatoos.

And now for a funny …

Mexico had a really bad earthquake and 2 million Mexicans died. Many countries sent over support. France sent over people to help rebuild the cities. Spain sent over doctors to attend to the wounded. All different countries were sending help. Not to be outdone, America sent over 2 million Mexicans to replace the dead ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment