Friday 4 July 2014

Birding, red faces and the dump that is Glastonbury town



4 July

Lobster red is one way to describe my face this morning. It didn’t seem all that hot at the time either. Oh yes, we had yesterday out birding in Somerset; we returned to Ham Wall. It’s not a bad site really but being limited by using our scooters does of course limit how much we can do and see. It’s a good distance from Dorktown too therefore it makes it a long trip for just blackcap and great while egret. However, I get a makeup job done that makes me look like a lobster.

But have a look at this … 

This selfish moron parked across two parking spaces before he headed off with camera a tripod.  I really do get angry about this sort of thing. It was even more annoying to get home and find the parking area outside our flats, full of cars that don’t belong there.

From Ham Wall we headed the few miles into Glastonbury; the best I can say about the place is that we should have gone to Western instead”! What a dump. We got the scooters out again and set off for a look round. The first pub we tried only had hard back seating, not good for either of us. On the way through I had seen a place called The George and Dragon. There was also a sign that said, Real Ale Pub. Was I naïve to expect a lot in there? Well, it was dump, a real dump!

The first pint she pulled me was sour (There were only three real ales and one cider available- not what I expected at all, I thought there would be more.) The second was a pint of Tribute, which was good. I still left half of it though cos I just couldn’t sit in that place any longer. As I said, what a dump!!! We will not be rushing back to place, that’s for sure.

Here’s a shot from yesterday … 

Mute swan.

Today’s funny …

 As a lawyer I was defending a man accused of kicking his wife and breaking 3 ribs. I decided to make a creative defense, claiming that it was my clients foot that did it and you can’t punish the whole person for a offense committed by one limb. The judge to me he was very impressed by my logic so he sentenced the man’s foot to 1 year in prison, and added he may choose to accompany it or not. My client smiled and simply detached his artificial foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment