Tuesday 8 July 2014

Note books, tattos and another day trip



7 July

Note books, a writer’s best friend; so why the hell do I always forget to take one out with me? How many times have I mentioned it on here? We were sat in The Chace yesterday afternoon when I thought about something and now, of course, I can’t remember what it was. That makes two ideas gone out of the window.

At last Shipshape is ready to go to the editors, however they have added £75 to the bill, that’s almost 50% of what they first asked. I’ve not decided what to do yet though. At least I can now get on with the new Fred Cooper story. Jan is out tonight so I might her to drop me off at the Anker – err … I just checked the telly pages and there’s nowt on telly but footie. So maybe I’ll wrapped mesen rand a few not so wee drams of The Balvenie, a 12 year old malt. It’s not a bad malt either, not as good as Tomatin though.

A few weeks ago I had the clever idea of us having tattoos done with the words ‘Multi Organ Donor’. Jan then went out and got hers done a day or two later. Well, seeing as it was my clever clogs idea I more or less had to get mine done too, and I got it done this morning. One thing is for sure, I won’t be getting any more done. It does hurt a bit but it’s tolerable, after all, it is a needle breaking the skin, so it will be sharpe; but I wouldn’t go through it for some of the art work some folks go in for!

Tomorrow we are off to see friends in their caravan at Chapel St Leonards. The weather forecast at the moment is for dry but over cast. We can live with that for now. It’s a nice easy run down there these days since the A46 has been made dual-carriageway most of the route. It’s just the last bit, finding their van that will a pain. Jan will set her satnav for that bit but only that bit. Far too often turn off on their satnavs and turn off their common sense and that is what causes the problems with truckers getting stuck down small country lanes; bloody idiots!

And so for a photo … 

A nice Austin Healy at one of the service stations on the M5.

Today’s funny …

A mechanic called one of  his customers after a check bounced. “The check you sent me to pay your bill came back!” He yelled! The customer replied, ”well, so did  all my car problems that you fixed!”

No comments:

Post a Comment