Wednesday 16 July 2014

A couple of days away, Bournemouth and Winchester



16 July

Happy to be at home after a couple of nights away in Bournemouth. The hotel I stayed at was the Celebrity; all the rooms are celeb themed and mine was called The Jon Bon Jovi room. Inside were four photos of the man. OK I suppose but I felt like getting dressed/undressed with the light off cos one of the photos was one of him smiling looking straight at the bed ... a bit unnerving that. I also seemed to lose my reading glasses too while I was away.
Bournemouth I'm not impressed with at all. Having to use my scooter to get around is normally OK but all the hills there really drained the scooter battery. Not only that, once you were clear of the area by the pier entrance (which has an entrance charge BTW, yet there seemed to be nowt on there), dropped curbs were few and far between. Sunday evening I was making my way back to the hotel when one wheel caught in a cap between the road hard-top and the curb stone, next thing I know is trying to get up off the ground. A number of cars stopped and people came running to help me up. I was pleased by that at least. Luckily I wasn't hurt apart from a bit of skin off my knee. I won't be going back there to Bournemouth that's for certain!
On my way back I called into Winchester seeing as I'd not been there before. It's worth a visit guys n gals, it really is. The Round Table is on display in the Great Hall, at the top of the High Street there. Just off the High Street is a pub called the Royal Oak, supposed to be the oldest bar in England. Don’t know about that though, it seemed to look pretty modern to me. Maybe it’s the current version of a pub on that site that is special. The cathedral is rather nice too, although I didn’t go in. There was a concert going on and I didn’t want to hang about that long.

I’ve come back 297 photos, of which I have ten ready for use. This one … 

is of St Peter’s Church.

And today’s funny …

Teacher: If there are a dozen flies on a table and you swat one, how many are left?
Math clown: Uhhhh, just the dead one?

No comments:

Post a Comment