Sunday 8 June 2014

Truck's, a museum and a pile of sausage meat on the hoof

8 June

Today I did get out to Uttoxeter for the truck show and I got loads of photos. I’m not so sure I would want to go to another truck show though; it was OK I suppose, as far as they go, but it’s not really of all that much interest to me now I’ve been to one. Some of the art work on those tractor units mind, excellent is the only word to describe it.

Another place I’ve always fancied a trip to is the Brewery Museum at Burton on Trent; so, today as I made my way home, I headed for Burton and spent a couple of pleasant hours there. The concession price I paid was £7.50, and it included a pint of real ale too. How I used the ale tokens was up to me; I could have a pint, two half pints, or four samplers. I decided on two half pints. They were nice too. Today wasn’t meant to be a pub sign photo day but there were so many pub signs there I couldn’t not take photos of them. Total image count for the day is 297, but it does include a few of the birds outside our back door.

As for the weather, it’s been very good for me all day. Just as I was driving out of the museum car park it started spitting with rain. By the time I got onto the A444 for the run home it was really heavily raining. There’s a reasonably steep incline as the road leaves the town centre and water was rushing down the incline like a river, it was raining that hard. Back here in Dorktown, Jan say it’s been nice and warm and calm here all day.

Photoshop is now busy opening all of today’s images and it really does take ages; but I wanted one from today for this blog, so I did a one off before I set the whole lot off to open. Now, I don’t particularly like horses, they’re much nicer in a sausage! But I did get this rather nice shot of one in the stables at Burton …


And today’s funny …

Upon entering a little country store, a stranger noticed a warning sign that read: “Danger! Beware of dog!” posted on the door. Inside, he noticed a harmless little dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register. “Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?” he asked the owner. “Yep, that’s him,” came the reply.
The stranger couldn’t help but be amused. “That certainly doesn’t look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?” “Because,” the owner explained, “Before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him.”

1 comment:

  1. We don't always meet the expectations we've planned out in our heads, so it's alright if you didn't fancy the truck show like you thought you would. At least you gave it a try, right? I think the same thing goes for the Brewery Museum. I'm glad you've been following through on places and events you've always wanted to go to I hope to see the photos soon, though. I bet they look amazing.

    Rudy Swanson @ Haaker Equipment Company

    ReplyDelete