Thursday 5 June 2014

A false start, lost batteries and a truck festival



4 June

Its wally time again! The meeting with Social Services has just ended, and all seems to be OK … for now at least. I arrived at the care home where mother is and sat waiting. My mobile rank and it was Jan to say that meeting was at our place, not at the care home … ddddeeeerrrr. So it was a quick drive back home, feeling more than a bit daft. I’d miss-read the letter yet again! Anyway, it’s happened so that’s it for now.

5 June

Well, as you can see I didn’t get very far yesterday; I just couldn’t summon up the strength to do the typing. Sad eh? But that’s how I get at times, and the mess about with the meeting yesterday didn’t help me much really. However, that meeting went off quite well.

Mother has been self-funding her place in the home for the last two years. Because of that she should have been getting her attendance allowance from when she began paying. We didn’t know about that and it came as a surprise to us. Not only that, she should have been getting an additional disability payment since Dave died in 2009. So mother is due a few bob in arrears. Of course, she won’t know anything about it but it will all help with paying her contribution to her care fees.

I have always wanted to attend one of those truck/bus/vintage car rally things. There was something on Facebook about one at Uttoxeter racecourse, so I’ll have a ride over there methinks. I just hope the scooter can manage going around there. It should be a good photo-opportunity, so I’m looking forward to it now.

I have five extra batteries for my A77; don’t ask, I don’t know how I managed to get that many. However, I can only find two of them. The other three are in a small pouch that normally lives in my camera bag, but it has gone missing and could be anywhere right now. Part of the problem is that we are having a new carpet fitted next Monday and we are having to clear away all the clutter we have lying around. I have a feeling that the pouch has been put in one of the boxes or bags we filled with stuff so we can move the units in here come Monday.

There will still be a lot of stuff which is just too heavy for us to move and we’ve made arrangements with the carpet fitters to move it for us. Yes, it will cost us a bit more but we no other choice in it. It’s now just occurred to me that the weather might not be all that good come Monday afternoon. We were hoping that the really heavy stuff could sit in the lawn; where it will go if it’s raining, I don’t know! Ah well … … …

Today’s photo then … 

We drove past this truck at the M6/M1/A14 interchange a few years back. He had quite a job on there – AND, it had just started raining too.

Today’s funny …

I was working the evening shift in Target, when a little boy walked up to the counter with a box of detergent. I asked him, “What do you need that for?” He replied my cat got all dirty so I have to clean her!” “Don’t do that!!!” I replied. “You will kill her!” The next week he came back in so I asked him whatever happened with his cat? He tells me that it died, so I tell him you should have listened to me! He replied, “No it wasn’t the detergent that killed her it was the rinse cycle!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment