Tuesday 10 June 2014

Carpets, infections and art work



10 June

Our new carpet was laid yesterday and as soon as it was done we got stuck in getting the room back to normal. By 5.45pm, most of it was done but we were both pretty well knackered. We stopped at that point and settled in for a restful evening. That was fine until a realised that the specs I use for my computer work were not around. We hunted for them and couldn’t find them. I went to for pee and remember two carrier bags I had packed this morning … and I found them in the second one I tried. Great, now I’m not trying to do everything with me nose almost touching the monitor.

According to News this morning, The Hussy is still having problems with infections. This is not the first time that the paper has reported on this issue. It seems that the hospital just can’t get on top of them for some reason. Well, one day I had to take Jan to A&E over something, can’t remember what now, but we were directed into a treatment bay and we refused to go in there. Why? Simple, it was stinking of really bad BO. A nurse came and threatened the bay with an aerosol, by threatened I mean she pointed it in and gave it a very short burst of spray, commenting about some people not being so fussy about personal hygiene. Fine, we already knew that! What we didn’t expect was the smell was coming from the doctor who came in to treat Jan. He really did stink. I suppose I should have said something, or at least get a complaint in the following day. But the thing is, it certainly seemed to show a real lack of hygiene awareness, at least in A&E. So it’s not surprising to me that there is still an infection problem there.

Going back to Sunday again for today’s photo; here's an example of the art work on the trucks on display at the truck show … 

This was one of three trucks in that small fleet. The cost of having them painted up like that must be huge.

And today’s funny …

A passenger train is creeping along, slowly. Finally it creaks to a halt. A passenger sees a conductor walking by outside. “What’s going on?” she yells out the window. “Horse on the track!” Replies the conductor. Ten minutes later, the train resumes its slow pace. However five minutes later it stops again.
The lady see the conductor walking by again. She leans out and yells, “what happened? We caught up to that to that horse again?”

No comments:

Post a Comment