Friday 27 June 2014

Money problems, YouTube and red wine



27 June

And yet again the Hussey is on the front page of the News. Today it’s about more money problems. It seems that they £800,000 over budget for the current financial year. One of their biggest problems is the need to employ agency nurses to cover for their own staff who are on the sick. Call me cynical if you want but I wonder just how many are actually calling in sick so they can work for an agency at a different hospital. No matter how bad the reports are in local media, most reports from patients are positive, with the greatest number of complaints being about A&E. That’s no difference than anywhere else in the country I think.

Last night I was sat watching You Tube and came across one item about a number of abandoned aircraft in a field here in the UK. The background music was brilliant and I think is was called Cargo by Night Wish. So this morning I have tried to find it on eBay – what a silly game! It’s been sometime since I last went on there and it has totally changed; and to be honest, I’m lost with it. Not only that but they want us to change our password, and that makes the game even more complicated.

I know my user name and old password and I’ve entered them correctly; yet their site hasn’t accepted them. Now I have to try to and find another way of dealing with it. It’s a lot of farting about really, and all because for the first time in a long time I have come across some music that I haven’t heard before and I really like. Ah well, needs must I suppose.

Over the last month or so I have been fancying a nice bottle of red wine. Earlier this week I bought one and I tried it last night. Oh dear, how sad, what a pity, never mind! The wine wasn’t all that nice at all; and it wasn’t a cheap bottle either. I couldn’t even get through just one glass, so this morning the rest was poured down the drain. That’s the last I shall be buying. Have to stick to me real ale.

Now here’s a job and a bit more, finding a photo for today … OK, done, not so hard either … 

I saw this place in Fleetwood I think. It’s been at last 2 months since we were last up there, but I’ve only just found it and put it through Photoshop.


And today’s funny (not a groaner this time) …

John walks into his 5th floor apartment after a long day of work, he exhaustively sinks into his favorite arm chair, puts up his footrest, turns on the TV, and turns to his wife Hannah, “Honey, please get me a hard drink, I think it’s about to start.” 

Hannah rolls her eyes, heads to the kitchen, takes out a beer from the fridge, and brings it to John. 

“Honey”, said John, two minutes later, “please get me another one quickly before it starts.” 

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU LAZY GOOD FOR NOTHING!” Hannah exclaimed, “DO YOU THINK I’M YOUR PERSONAL WAITER!? YOU PLOP YOURSELF DOWN ON YOUR EASY CHAIR AND EXPECT ME TO BE ON YOUR BECK AND CALL!? IS THAT ALL I’M GOOD FOR!? 

John sighs, and mutters under his breath, “it started….     

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Ron, no! Not down the drain. It would have been fine for cooking with! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete