Sunday 15 June 2014

Discipline, films and missed telly



15 June

Sunday morning and Jan is off to church, after which is taking Kile’s mum off out for an hours driving practice. She has no idea when she will back. I shall take the opportunity and get some writing work done. My biggest problem here is that I am very easily distracted and it doesn’t take much for me to stop what I’m doing to go off and do something else.

Discipline is what I need and after 12 years in army I should be OK with that. Well, I’m not, nor was I when I was in the army. In fact if I could see what I thought was an easier or better method of doing something I would so, or at say so. Senior ranks and officers aren’t used to being questioned or having their orders ignored. Opps … ‘guilty melud!’ Even now I’m still looking for the easy options and there aren’t many or even none at all in writing is there?

Jan and I sat and watched a film on telly last night. Jan joined that NetFlix thingy and at £5 a month it’s not a bad deal. We are usually watching three or four films a week, which makes it worthwhile. The result is that we didn’t watch the footie last night so I didn’t know the result until watching BBC News 24 this morning. It reminded me of a cartoon on Facebook yesterday where the pilot of the England team’s airplane asks someone if they should leave the engines going ready for the return trip. I wanted to copy it over but I can’t find it now.

Guess what I missed yesterday? Trooping the Colour, that’s what!!! I always watch that when it’s on. As always too, we have a good reason for it. Having been out so long on Friday we were both knackered and slept in until quite late yesterday morning. As I said we needed to get a new fish tank so I wrote yesterday’s blog while having morning teas and coffee and off we went. It wasn’t until I sat and read the paper later in the afternoon that I remembered Colours were on. Ah well … … …

Out of the 145 photos from Friday I got 25 keepers. Here’s one of them … 

A bittern flying in.

And today’s funny …

A couple were sitting in the lawyers office working on their will. The lawyer tells them that they should discuss end of life issues how they want to be treated. The man turns to his wife and says, “Please promise me that if I am ever dependent only on machines and bottled fluids to keep me alive, you will take action and put an end to it right away.” So when they got home, his obedient wife went straight to the TV and unplugs it, then takes his beer and pours it down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment