Thursday 26 June 2014

Books,books and an ale or 129



26 June

Peter James has a new Roy Grace novel out called Want You Dead, my copy is sat waiting to be read soon. He’s now working on the next Grace novel. Back to Want You Dead then; the book has a white silk (I think), ribbon bookmark sown into the binding. I’ve not seen that in an everyday novel before. So I was surprised by it. Looking at the back of the book there’s an ad about the White Ribbon Campaign. This campaign is about psychological abuse, one I’ve not heard about before and it seems a great idea to raise awareness of it in the way that James has done. You get a bookmark for use as you read the book and then can cut it of the book and wear it in support of the campaign. Great Idea!

Currently I am reading another Peter James novel called The Truth. This one is centred on a couple who have decided not to have children. The hubby’s business is in difficulties and someone comes along and offers then a life line, an illegal help line. There’s an old saying, ‘if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is’. I’ll leave it there for now in case you might want to give it a go.

That novel though is in paperback; however, I am also about halfway through another one on my Kindle. This one is by Ed James and is called Devil in the Detail. Someone once asked me how I keep both stories on the go and the plot lines straight in my head. The easy answer I suppose is, ‘No idea.’ But really, it’s fairly easy seeing as they are in two different formats.

This Mr James by the way, is based in Edinburgh and his stories are based there too. Don’t get the idea he’s a cheap version of Rebus though. The main character here is a young DC who is being bullied by an obnoxious DI. This is the second of his novels I’ve read and both of them are well worth reading. Why not give them a go if you can?

Yesterday I got down into town using Jan’s scooter. At some time Jan was having problems with the leaver that controls the speed, so she got it swapped round so that she now uses the left hand leaver instead of the right hand leaver. Oh the fun and games I had with that yesterday! I felt that by using the left hand leaver, I couldn’t control the scooter properly. The right hand leaver needs to be pushed away to do the same on job and the distance was too far my little hand. I did manage to get around though.

My Sony a77 went with me of course and of the 135 shots I got, not one of them is of and use for general viewing. I did get more than a few real ale pump clips though, 129 of them. Now I have to spend an hour or two getting them ready for posting on flikr. The things we do eh … … …

Today’s photo then. Is another of Kile on Sunday …


Today’s funny is another groaner …

A German car manufacturer is bring out a new model for the American market only; it’s called the Audidudi.         

1 comment: