Saturday 7 June 2014

Lost sumat again, not a day for the scooter and bloody footbal!!!



7 June

It looks as though I have managed to lose a small pouch I keep three of my spare batteries and a number of spare SD cards in. We have looked everywhere we can think of for it. Jan keeps on at me for leaving my camera bag open when I’m out and about. Her concern is that I will have something stolen, or perhaps lose something. She seems to have been proved correct.

Being Saturday I would have liked a ride into town on me scooter today; there’s always the chance of some nice photos at the market. Right now it’s raining very hard again. I doubt if there will be many folk in town and I can’t see the stall holders doing much business either. Whatever, the scooters are staying put in my car, although we may go down to the Anker later this evening … we’ll see.

The pubs across the England are working up for a bonanza time with the footie world cup starting soon. I sit in dread of such times. I really do hate the game! Why is it called the beautiful game? To me it’s just 22 over paid spoiled brats kicking a bag of wind around a field. I just don’t see the point of it and never really have. So much time, effort and money is wasted on it, it’s sickening. Just think of how much good that money could be used for instead of wasting it on prima donna little boys!

Being Saturday we also have our weekly history lesson, thanks to the Dorktown Telegraph … Today we got back to 1520 and the time of Henry VIII, he of the many wives. It was in 1520 that Henry met with the French king, Francis I just outside Calais at a place called the Field of the Cloth of Gold. Just a few years later, in 1946 actually. Telly broadcasts began again after the 39-45 war with the words, ‘As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted …’ by announcer Leslie Mitchell.

Today’s photo was taken last weekend … 

Our magnolia shrub in flower. I like magnolias but I’ve always thought they flower before the leaves appear, and much earlier than May/June. Not that I’m complaining; it’s nice to a bit of colour out there.          

And now for a funny …

A woman walked into the kitchen and found her husband walking around with a fly swatter. “What are you doing?” she asked. “Hunting mosquitoes,” He responded. “Oh, catching any?” She asked. “Yep, two males, two females,” He replied. Intrigued, she asked, “How can you tell?” He responded, “Two were on a beer can, two were on the phone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment