Sunday 1 June 2014

Change of plan, 40 out 284 and the cost of photography



1 June

Plans for today were for me to have a day out by mesen for a photo day. Last night though I was still tired from Friday, so I decided against going out today. And what happens? We have wall to wall sun shine. Ah well … … …

Of those 284 images on my SD card, I got just 40 that are of any use; plus some real ale pump signs. On the way home with Jan driving I was shooting motorway signs too. But reviewing them I decided not to bother with them. That happens quite often, but with a digital SLR there’s no waste is there? If I was still using a 35mm SLR, then I would be much more careful of what I shot.

The price of films and processing are far too much for most people these days; that’s why so many people keep on about film being dead but in a nailed-down coffin. I don’t agree with that idea at all. In fact, if I could afford it, I would still be using film and I would processing it myself. Until my numbers come up though, I shall carry on with A77 and Nikon compact.

Today then, here’s a few shots from Friday … A tawny owl … 

The cranes … 


A grey Heron.

And today’s funny …

Tom was walking down the street when he sees a funeral procession. At the head was the casket, behind was a man walking a very large dog and behind him were 300 people. Tom walks over to the guy with the dog and asks who’s funeral is this? The man answers, “My mother-in-law’s.” Tom wishes his condolences and asks, “She must of been a very important person, but what’s with the dog?”  He answers, “This is the dog that killed her!”  So Tom asks, “can I borrow the dog for an hour?” He responds, “Get on line!”

No comments:

Post a Comment