Sunday 22 June 2014

Plantasia, Sunday dinner and a play with a Canon

22 June

Today has been a useful day. I took Kile to Plantasia (http://www.visitplantasia.co.uk/), part of Dobies in Manchester, a few miles from us. It has grown into a pretty large area now consisting of five mazes and a wildlife walk through woods and along the River Anker. We both enjoyed it. We spent three hours there and really enjoyed it. One part of it is closed off because the paths are too muddy, even after all the nice weather we’ve had recently. Photos will follow soon.

Last week Jan was speaking to the bosses of the Anker, our local and it seems that Sam has a camera and she has no idea how to use it. I asked about it today when we called in and she went and fetched for me to have a look at. What I wasn’t expecting was a Canon EOS 400 with a Sigma 70-300 lens! Anyway, I had a good look at it and was able to give her some pointers, but the battery was flat so I couldn’t do all that much for her. Once it’s charged and ready for use I will try again.

It’s not a bad looking camera actually. Don’t misunderstand me, I won’t be moving from Sony is a rush, I have far too much invested in Sony gear to do that. In any case, for as long as I can remember I’ve had an aversion to Canon gear – and I don’t know why. It’s all very strange but to be honest, there’s nowt wrong with Canon gear –it’s just me being fussy!

Now this could be interesting … I am typing this and doing our dinner; again nowt fancy, just fish fingers and chips. I can see typing this and keeping and eye on the fryer is really going to be fun – I have my back to fryer see, and I’ve had two pints of San Miguel to; far too hot for real ale methinks. Yes, I know, Its Sunday and most people insist on a full roast dinner, but this is easier and takes less time.

Thing is folks, Kile is getting bored right now and we want to take home soon. He’s ten next month and it won’t be long when he decides that he doesn’t want to come and stay with Gran and Granddad. We will be OK with that when it happens. We’ve been expecting it for some time now.

The first of today’s shots then … 

A pink flower

And from the Sage this morning

The Medium
In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the Mystic delivered grave news:
"There's no easy way to tell you this, so I'll just be blunt. Prepare yourself to be a widow, your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year."
Visibly shaken, Laura stared at the woman's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands.
She took a few deep breaths to compose herself and to stop her mind racing. She simply had to know.
She met the Fortune Teller's gaze, steadied her voice and asked, "Will I be acquitted?"

No comments:

Post a Comment