Friday 4 October 2013

Tired, plans and a day out



4 October 2013

Yesterday I felt so washed out that I didn't feel like doing anything at all; and that is what happened.  Today I've been feeling the same really but I have actually been able to get up and something.  Jan said that I had a bad night last night.  My face mask was leaking and I was holding my breath to try to stop it; daft really cos the positive air pressure is what's causing it.  Of course I don't know about it at the time, but it causes Jan to have a bad night too. 

Tomorrow is going to be a birding day as I said on the 2nd - if the weather forecast is right that is!  Today is supposed to be wall to wall rain drying up just after mid-day.  Well, here is it at 12.30 and its dry now, we've even had sunshine this morning, even though it is now turning very grey out there and threatening to rain.  As I said, we're out tomorrow as long as the forecast is correct!

There is more controversy over the Borough Plan.  A number of pressure groups against the various area highlighted for possible development were set up.  These groups were invited to sit in on a cabinet meeting to discuss the plan and would be given a chance to present their objects and concerns.  However, the agenda for the meeting made it very clear that the object of the meeting was decide how the petitions raised would be processed by the council or if they would be made part of the consultation on the plan.  To say that the groups are rather annoyed by it is an understatement!  Reading between the lines of all that I have read about this issue, I get the impression that no matter what anyone says in objection to the plan, they will be ignored and the plan will be put into action. 

So nothing has changed then.  The powers that be make up their minds and ride roughshod over everyone, no matter who they are.  This farce has been going on for four years and it may go on for another six to twelve months.  How long will it really go on for?  Your guess is as good as mine!

Today's photo ... 

A sign of autumn.  

Words of wisdom have been spoken by the Sage ...

Female medical
During a lady's medical examination, the doctor says:- "Your heart, lungs, pulse and blood pressure are all fine. Now let me see the bit that gets you ladies into all kinds of trouble."

The lady starts taking off her underwear but is interrupted by the doctor,
"No! No! Don't remove your clothes... Just stick out your tongue!         

No comments:

Post a Comment