Tuesday 22 October 2013

NANO again, to go out or not go out, and a short blog



22 October 2013

Yesterday I spent a wee bit of time getting my files ready for NANOWRIMO including the plan I made on Sunday evening.  Already I'm working out how the story will go.  As I said before the idea is to write 50,000 words over the 30 days of November, it works out at around 1600 words per day.  However, what I'm hoping for is that I can extend it to around 80,000 for a full novel.  Having said that, one of novels is 98K and two at 118K words with my last NONO effort finally came out ay 57K words.

Jan is getting ready to go off for an hour to do some shopping.  We don't need all that much really so there's no need for both of us to go out together, other than getting out of here for an hour.  But right now I'm happy to stay in and try to get something done either around the flat or some writing.  There's just one job we were talking about last night that we will go out together to sort out.  I could really do with a book shelf in the bedroom; my pile of books I've read is growing fairly tall and I can see the lot going over if it gets much taller.

This one is going to be short one today ... so here's today's photo ... 

a lady having a rest in town on Saturday.

And the Sage has sent a really good one for today ...

Two little kids are in a hospital, lying on stretchers next to each other outside the operating room, the first surgeries of the day.  The first kid leans over and asks, "What are you in here for?"
The second kid says, "I'm getting my tonsils out, and I'm afraid."
The first kid says, "You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of jelly and ice cream.  It's a breeze."
The second kid then asks, "What are you here for?"
The first kid says, "Circumcision."
"Whoa!" the second kid replies, "Good luck, mate.  I had that done when I was born. I couldn't walk for a year!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment