Sunday 27 October 2013

Storm brewing, Wonker Bar and three pints of best!



27 October 2013

Are we all battened down ready for the big blow later tonight?  And we all remember to put the clocks back an hour last night?  We didn't so when the alarm went off at 9am Jan was soon to point out that it was 8am not 9am.  Ah well - I'm sure we will survive.

A few weeks ago we recorded and watch the later version of Willy Wonker; I have to confess to liking the earlier version better.  However, I visited a sweetie shop in the Ropewalk shopping centre in town some time ago and noticed they had Wonker Bars on sale - at £3 each!  I didn't bother.  But the other day I called into Asda for some shopping on my way home Brum and they had a Wonker Bar on sale for £1, so I bought one.  I thought it was OK, nothing special but OK.  Jan is a real chocoholic but she didn't like it at all.  I'm not sure I will be buying any more though. 

Yesterday was a trip into town on me scooter.  The weather wasn't bad but I felt rather strange all over.  After a short while I wanted to get out of there and make my way home.  Normally on Saturday I'm happy to sit and snap away at the shoppers in the market, but not yesterday.  No idea why though.  Once I got over the railway bridge I felt a lot better and dropped into the Anchor for an hour.  Three pints of Wobbler later I made my way home.  For hours after I had a hankering for egg and chips but ended up with a blackcurrant jam butty instead.

Here's the new entrance to New Street Station and shopping concourse ...  

The plan was to have it open in time for Christmas but it's been put a couple of months now and won't open until the New Year some time.

Funny time ...

 Next time you use a pair of rubber gloves, you're going to smile when you think of this:
A dentist noticed that his next patient, a little old woman, was nervous, so he decided to tell her a little joke as he put on his gloves. 'Do you know how they make these gloves?' he asked.
'No, I don't,' she replied.
'Well,' he spoofed, 'there's a building in Canada with a big tank of latex, and workers of all hand sizes walk up to the tank, dip in their hands, let them dry, then peel off the gloves and throw them into boxes of the right size.'
She didn't crack a smile. 'Oh, well.. I tried,' he thought.
But five minutes later, during a delicate portion of the procedure, she burst out laughing.  'What's so funny?' he asked.
'I was just envisioning how condoms are made!'
(Gotta watch those little old women! Their minds are always working!)

No comments:

Post a Comment