Sunday 6 October 2013

Birding yesterday, five days birding next week and fungi



6 October 2013

Yesterday's trip to Fishers Green was well worth the effort.  OK, we didn't see and unusual birds but the potential of the site is amazing.  We were not late in getting home either, arriving here at around 6.30, much earlier than normal for us.  We will be going back at some time and very soon.  All I have to do now is sort out the 82 shots I got while we were away.

Surprisingly I'm not all tired today; yesterday I was really shattered when I got up at 7am.  The reason for that was because I couldn't drop off to sleep and I saw 3.30 before I did.  When we arrived home Jan was driving for once.  Normally we share the driving out but I end up driving back home.  But yesterday I let Jan drive, I was so tired at that point where we swapped over.  Even when I have a poor night I'm not that tired; I found the reason when I went to take my night time pills and saw that I hadn't had my morning dose either!  Oh dear ... ... ...  I seem to be doing that quite often over the last 12 months or so.  There's now about 6 stripes of pills minus the night time dose but holding the morning dose. 

My MSN mail box is playing silly Bs again!  For some time now it won't open up unless I add a phone number to my security information.  I don't want that at all; I get enough daft calls from people trying to sell me stuff I don't want and that will only get worse if I give MSN my number.  When it first started I was able to by-pass it but now it won't let me.  I've already linked my Blackberry to both of my email accounts so I still get my emails come through but it's still a pain in the bum when I can't get into my account to do other things I do from there.  I'll try it again later.

A week tomorrow we are off to Blackpool for five days.  It's meant to be a birding trip over my birthday and we're both looking forward to it.  Of course we won't be just be doing birding; at least one night we will be going out to see Funny Girls again.  If you haven't been to see it you are really missing something special.  Apart from the bouncers the whole crew there are to borrow a phrase, 'in drag'.  I've been to it twice before and Jan has been just the once.  Every few months they do a new show.  It's probably the one spot in Blackpool that isn't run down and tired.  Give it a go folks - it is really really good!

I've just been looking at my photos from yesterday and found this one ... 

I love mushrooms but I don't know enough to be able to pick them while I'm out and about.  The large one here was around seven or eight inches across and this one was just one pair of hundreds that scattered over a meadow type area at Fishers Green.  Oh how I wish I knew more about fungi all round!

And more words of wisdom from the sage ...

On a bitterly cold winter morning a man and his blonde wife were listening to the radio during breakfast.  They heard the announcer say "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the snow ploughs can get through."
So the good wife went out and moved her car.

A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio announcer said "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd-numbered side of the street, so the snow ploughs can get through."

The good wife went out and moved her car again.

The next week they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park...."

Then the electric power went out. The good wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said, "I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the snow ploughs can get through?"

Then with the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are married to blondes exhibit, the husband replied "Why don't you just leave the bloody car in the garage this time?"         

No comments:

Post a Comment