Sunday 20 October 2013

All the fun of the fair, fireworks and magazines



20 October 2013

Jan told me on Friday there was a fun fair set up on the co-op car park which one of the main car parks in the town centre.  We saw the results yesterday as we headed into town on our scooters.  The town was just about gridlocked!  I thought that perhaps the council agreed to it so that parkers get used to the idea ready for when the whole of that car park is closed when that part of town gets redeveloped.

Have you noticed folks?  There's fireworks on sale again!  At least we don't have a dog to worry about now when the yobs start letting them off on the streets.  Mind you, there's a lot of elderly folk around here who will start to get nervous now.  I really do wish that firework sales to the public was banned.  There's not all that many who really understand what the history of bonfire night is and not a PC Nazi who is out to spoil fun for some silly equality reason.  No.  I'm against them because of the harm and injuries they cause to so many people every year!

We have cancelled all but one of our magazine subscriptions.  Now I'm missing not having them to read.  But really, most of the photo mags seemed to follow the same agenda on a month by month basis.  Take autumn for instance; leaves changing colour and berries for the birds to eat, each giving a magical chance of some colourful shots.  But there seems to be only a certain number of ways of snapping a tree full of red and yellow leaves.  Yet all the mags seem to cover the same areas. 

The one subscription we didn't cancel is for Writing Magazine.  That one doesn't follow a set diary of what to write about at which time of the year and how to do it.  However it does suggest timings for getting short stories or articles in for magazines for the various markets out there, so I still have one to look forward to.        

 I had my Sony with me as usual but I made do with 70-300mm lens cos I couldn't be bothered to take the 18-70mm lens as well - for I paid the price too.  Anyway, I did get some pretty good shots of the fair and folks in town; but there's a lot of crap shots too.  Out of 118 shots I only got 20 keepers, which isn't so bad really considering there are some snappers who would probably ditch the lot!  The price was this ...   

I found this fungus just off the footbridge between Bond Gate and the bus station.  This one was taken with the big lens but it would have been better with the smaller one.  Ah well; but I did get this one at the fair ... 

poor bloke looks terrified to me.

And for a funny I offer ...

A woman accompanied her husband to the doctor's office. After his checkup , the doctor called the wife into his office alone. He told her, "Your husband is suffering from a very severe disease, combined with horrible stress . If you don't do the following , your husband will surely die...Each morning, fix him a healthy breakfast. Be pleasant , and make sure he is in a good mood . For lunch make him a nutritious meal. For dinner prepare an especially nice meal for him. Don't burden him with chores , as he probably had a hard day. Don't discuss your problems with him, it will only make his stress worse . And most importantly, make love with your husband several times a week and satisfy his every whim . If you can do this for the next 10 months to a year, I think your husband will regain his health completely." On the way home, the husband asked his wife. "What did the doctor say?" She replied, "You're going to die"!        

No comments:

Post a Comment