Thursday 10 October 2013

Bloomin' cold, Bloods and Payment!



10 October 2013

I've had my blood test done this morning ready for diabetic clinic in about two weeks time.  There seemed to be a lot of tests marked up on the request form, so much that they had to take four tubes of the stuff.  I must be getting more sensitive these days because the needle going in today was fairly painful.  Normally I don't feel it at all.  Ah well ... ... ...

The Hussy management team have come up with a new way of paying for parking now.  A regular thing to happen was that someone would pay for a couple of hours parking and then finding out that their appointment only took perhaps 15 minutes.  That parking ticket was then handed to someone else visiting Out Patients; the result was a loss of parking dosh.  Now you pay on exit and have to enter your reg number into a machine which has already recorded your entry time and then flashes up the amount you need to pay.  Crafty sods!  That will increase there income a good bit I should think.  Mind you, this morning I was in and out in less than 15 minutes so there was no charge.

It was bloomin' cold out there today!  Good job I was in the car and not on me scooter.  As I plodded in for the appointment I was thinking that I wish I had a hat on.  As I got out of the car back home I saw a hat the shortage pocket on the front door.  Deeerrrrr ... I hadn't seen it earlier.  According to the weather forecast the temps will feel like 70 within the wind chill; that wouldn't surprise me at all.  I hope it's not too cold next week but as long as it's not wet we'll be OK.   
 
I have finally cancelled all my magazine direct debts apart from Writing Magazine.  There were just so many of them and I was getting further and further behind in reading them.  So now I should be able to keep up with just mag to read; hope so anyway ;-)))

Well, I suppose I need to find a photo now ... 

This tree was at Fishers Green and I was struck but how it was bent so far to one side.  I wonder how that happened?

And the Sage has spoken ...

John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life makin love to me wife!"
That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!
He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast of the night."
She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"
John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."
"Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.
The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner.
The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary." She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself.
You know, he's only been in there twice in the last four years. "Once I had to pull him by the ears to make him come, and the other time he fell asleep".

No comments:

Post a Comment