Saturday 30 June 2012

Raffle tickect, pappers and OUCH!

30 June 2012

Nearly July already; where has this year gone?  It seems to be flying by to us.  It won't be long and we'll be looking at buying Crimble cake again.

Yesterday afternoon I visited every news agent in our new area and not one of them delivers newspapers.  I've never heard of that before.  There is apparently a young girl who buys the papers from one agent and then resells them on to residents.  But at what sort of mark-up?  I've left our address with the newsagent who supplies her but Lord knows when she will come and see us.  For today I've actually bought the Coventry Telegraph while I was out but it will become a tad pricey if I had to go out every day to buy one.

May I ask you how you pay your utility bills please?  It's really just a 'setting up' question really.  All of ours are paid by direct debit from our bank account and been paid like that for at least ten years.  The result is that we don't get monthly or quarterly bills any more.  So when I sat down to fill in the form for a mail redirection I was stumped by the demand for at least two utility bills from the past three months.  How many people actually do have utility bills these days I wonder?  I should think that in this day and age most folk will be paying by direct debit too and would be in the same position as we were.  As it was Jan had a letter from Severn Trent this morning with both our address on it, and I had one about my pension credit sent to the old address.  Otherwise we would be having a problem methinks.  Thing is, someone is paid to sit and think up these silly buggerences.  I wish I could find how to apply!

Yesterday was an 'OUCH!' day.  I made my way down the stairs in Bracebridge Street and as I got the bottom my right foot went into a dip on the boards there.  Over went my right angle (nothing new there - it's always been weak), and my right knee went the opposite way it should have done - OUCH!!!  Today was meant to be a rest day.  Fine, no probs ... until I came to take my morning pills and found that I was missing one.  So I had to go out today and collect them from the house.  But my knees was kicking up badly and I didn't feel safe trying to drive with it kicking up as it was.  So Jan had drive me.  Now instead of a rest day we are having a rest half-day.  Ah well ... ... ...

I'm going back to Ballycastle in County Antrim for today's photo ...   

It's a large piece of seaweed stranded on the beach but I thought it looked like some dead animal when I saw it.   

And another good funny ...

A woman arrives home from work and her husband notices she's wearing a
diamond necklace. He asks his wife, "Where did you get that necklace?"
She replies, "I won it in a raffle at work. Go get my bath ready while I start dinner."
The next day, the women arrives home from work wearing a diamond
bracelet. Her husband asks, "Where did you get the bracelet?"
She replies, "I won it in a raffle at work. Go get my bath ready while I
start dinner."
The next day, her husband notices she arrives home from work wearing a
mink coat. He says, "I suppose you won that in a raffle at work?" She
replies, "Yeah I did! How did you guess? Go get my bath ready while I
start supper."
Later after supper, she goes to take her bath and she notices there is
only one inch of water in the tub. She yells to her husband, "HEY!
There's only an inch of water in the tub."
He replies, "I didn't want you to get your raffle ticket wet."             

No comments:

Post a Comment