Monday 18 June 2012

Hospitals, the flat and two and a half grand!

18 June 2012

We're running a bit late today.  Jan had an appointment at the Stroke Clinic for 11am and that went on for just over an hour.  After that it was all over then Hussy Hospital to arrange other follow on appointments in various departs.  A coffee in the cafe was also had and by the time we got away it was after 1 pm.  A trip to Tesco followed where we did a bit of shopping.  Jan was feeling a bit tired by then so we went off to the flat to do a wee bit round there followed a trip to a furniture shop just around the corner ... where we came out £2500 lighter in the bank balance.  It's so easy enit ;-)))

We've got home at long last and found a large pile of mail, mostly junk even though we've opted out of the GPO junk mail thingy.  The one useful I tem was my copy of Digital Camera, which is always a good read.  After the news I shall have to crack on and get some packing done.  We move a week Wednesday with the van arriving around 9am.  Our biggest head ache over it at the moment is deciding what is going to the flat and what is going to British Heart Foundation.  They will be having quite a bit I think.  As for packing it's mainly getting the stuff in side boards and wardrobes that are going with us emptied.   
 The rest we can sort out after we are in the flat.  Monday I shall have to be there for 8am for when Mr Virgin arrives to install all our bits n bobs.  I have to take a telly and Virgin box, our modem and router and a computer with me.  That's yet another long and busy day.

The weather around Dorktown is pretty good for now, has been all day really.  Of course we haven't really seen all that much of it.  I really could do with going out for a day snapping away.  I can't see me getting out much before we move anyway.  I did manage to get a few one day last week, here's one ... 

a very dapper gent in town.

And for a funny ... I should mention that these all come from a website I read and that I have nowt against blondes ... some of my best fiends are blonde ;-)))
 
A person went into the office kitchen one morning and found a new blonde girl painting the walls. She was wearing a new fur coat and a nice denim jacket.
Thinking this was a little strange, he asked her why she was wearing them rather than old clothes or an overall.
She showed him the instructions on the tin, "For best results, put on two coats".     

No comments:

Post a Comment