Tuesday 12 June 2012

PEACE IS SHATTERED

12 June 2012

… only joking.  It’s great to have Jan home with me now after her 14 day hospital stay.  Jan is as relived to be home as I am to have her home.  It’s staggering just how much time and effort it took to visit the hospital every day while she was in there.  Well, that’s all over and done with now.

House sales are slow we are told.  If so why as our house sold in just three days.  The property had only been live in the estate agents for 20 minutes when   a lady walked in and asked to view it.  She came round at 6pm.  Yesterday lunch time she put in an offer and I accepted.  So in reality it can be said it was sold in 20 minutes.  Now I need to concentrate on getting packed so we can move to the flat as quickly as we can.  I took Jan round to the flat on the way home from the hospital and she is thrilled with it.  Now I need to get cracking but today we will have a quiet day.

The front page of the Dorktown News is taken up by a large photo of a JCB that had been used to smash through the rear wall of HSBC  bank in Atherstone – in broad daylight!  The story says that passers-by “looked on in shock.”  Well that’s hardly surprising is it?  Wish I had been there … some decent photos to have been had during it ;-)))

It seems that a dole claimant got a bit fed up with waiting for a payment to sent out so he sent hundreds of emails to the Job Centre staff on a daily basis about it.  He was charged with harassment and had his current suspended jail term lengthened.  Methinks that he would have been off spending the time looking for a job rather than spend hours sending useless emails!

Have you ever been to Giant’s Causeway in Ulster?  It’s an impressive site!  Here’s one shot I got when we went there a couple of years ago …

And yet another cracker …

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says . . . "Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How do you feel?"Slim says, "I feel just like a newborn baby."
"Really!? Like a new-born baby!?"
"Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.       

No comments:

Post a Comment