Sunday 17 June 2012

BBC, church and dogs

17 June 2012

According to today's Sunday Express the BBC is in hot water yet again.  Not only did they broadcast poor showing a week ago for river pageant thingy, but now they are going to runs of Cash in the Attic on BBC 1 later this week when the Queen opens the new memorial to Bomber Command.  It will be shown live on BBC News 24, but how many will watch that?  I also tried to get to see the river pageant on Catch Up but it's not even on there.  I know there's opposition to the memorial but to be honest, I agree with the critics of the BBC on this one.  After all, 55,000 men lost their lives in Bomber Command in WWII.  That should be recognised by the country as a whole.  Whether to outcry will work and the BBC will change its mind is open to debate.  They normally don't take a lot of notice of their viewer voices and I doubt if they will this time as well.

Jan is happy today, I dropped her off outside church and I am sure she will get a lift back home.  They are a good bunch over at Manor Court Baptist these days.  Mind you, they always were really, I just can't be bothered with it now.  I wrote a history of the church for its 150 year anniversary in 1996.  That was well received and the anniversary weekend went off very well too.  And seeing as I have been talking about Manor Court, here's a photo of the building ... 

Built between 1898 and 1901 it is a solid building indeed. 

I'll be good to you to seeing as its Father's Day - yet another Yankee money making con - and post another photo ...  

This one I got on the North Antrim Coast and it was a witty use of graphiti to my thinking.  I'm always on the look at for odd or different views - you should have seen the looks I got when I took photos of a brick wall in Dorktown a few years ago!

Funny time ...

 A girl was visiting her blonde friend, who had acquired two new dogs,
and asked her what their names were. The blonde responded by saying that
one was named Rolex and one was named Timex. Her friend said, "Whoever heard of someone naming dogs like that?" "Hellooooo," answered the blond. "They're watch dogs!"
   

No comments:

Post a Comment