Saturday 2 June 2012

Hussy Hospital, rain and peanuts

2 June 2012

I've just got in from doing a bit of shopping.  It's raining here in Dorktown and its that fine soft drizzle that soaks you through in time.  I was going into town on the scooter but when I saw the rain, I used Jan's car instead.  I could of course use my car but Jan's is in the painted disabled box outside the house and we can more or less guarantee that it will be clear when we get back.  Moving my car would cause a game of hunt the parking space.  It does get used obviously but not as much as we could.  Jan doesn't like it anyway cos it hurts her to get and out of it.  Another 12 months of it though.

Saturday and its Coventry Telegraph day.  There's a story in it today about a 38 year old doctor being found dead in a staff rest room area.  It appears that he was a locum and as per normal he was the only doctor on night shift - supposedly!  What about those in A&E though?  Whatever - the story says he was working the ITU unit.  But he was on his way from ITU to Maternity to deal with something there.  The questions that need asking are; a, who else was on duty? b, why couldn't they attend Maternity? and why was a locum on duty by himself?  If it turns out he was alone covering the whole hospital, then the management have a serious charge that could be levelled at them.  And so they should!  Oh course, this will only get worse if the privatization goes ahead.

While I was out I was looking for a large time of Roses chocolates as a present for someone.  Sadly there aren't any that I could find.  I shall keep looking though.  I did manage to buy a Guardian and a Times though ... I like those two but if the Telegraph went tabloid size I would have it delivered as well as Dorktown News.  There appears to be a shortage of Daily Mirrors today.  Plenty of Sun comics there though.  There's a photo of young, 63 stone girl on the front page of the Sun.  "I want my life back," she bleats.  But why did she allow herself to get that size anyway?          

I have an important piece of art for you today ... 

And yes, this is supposed to be art.  It's one of Hurst's Fart projects.  I copy this from a news paper years ago and can't remember which, ah well.  A gallery cleaner came along and thought it was a pile of rubbish and threw it out.  And who can argue with the cleaner?  As a professional cleaner she knew rubbish when she saw it and got rid of it.

A granny funny today ...
A tour bus driver drives with a bus full of seniors down a highway, when he is tapped on his shoulder by a little old lady.  She offers him a handful of peanuts, which he gratefully munches up.
After approx.15 minutes, she taps him on his shoulder again and she hands
him another handful of peanuts. She repeats this gesture about eight times.
At the ninth time he asks the little old lady why they do not eat the
peanuts themselves, whereupon she replies that it is not possible because of
their old teeth, they are not able to chew them.
"Why do you buy them then?" he asks puzzled.
Whereupon the old lady answers,
'We just love the chocolate around them.............    

Oh yes, I nearly forgot ... on this day in 1748 the Marquis de Sade was born. 

No comments:

Post a Comment