Wednesday 13 June 2012

Lost child, the dole and a fridge

13 June 2012

Right now I’m sat in our flat waiting for the warden to arrive; she needs one of the forms that is in the Welcome Pack that was given to me when I signed for the place.   The place has a bit of a wiff about it right now from when the carpets got cleaned so I’m sat here with all the windows open and the patio door and with the breeze it’s a tad cold in here now. 

I was a bit surprised that there was wall to wall sunshine when I got up this morning.  Someday the BEEB will get it all sorted out properly with the weather front and be able to give a decent forecast.  It’s clouded up well now though and according to the BBC News 24 for guy it should stay dry around here for the rest of today.  There you go again … how much trust can we put in that?

So it seems that Prime Muppet Cameron his wife and his protection squad all forgot the PM’s eight year old daughter and left her in a pub on Sunday.  Two things strike me there:- a, if he can forget his daughter, how much more is he forgetting in regards to running the country?  Have you ever forgotten your children when you have taken them out?  I know I haven’t!  Even now when we have Kile with us I’ve always got my eyes on hi m and what he’s up to – and what others are up to around us and him.  A lady interviewed on telly about it claimed that we had all done it – which leads me to point b, how many times has that lady forgotten her kids when they out, and were Social Services watching and what are they going to do about it? 

This afternoon the Westminster Muppet Show is voting on one of the senior Muppets and if he has been a naughty boy or not.  Millions on the dole again, people queuing in soup kitchens and for free food parcels, the Armed Forces are being run down to nothing more than a local defence force, people are dying in Syria, in Iraq and god knows where else ... and they can think about is if one of the club has been a naughty boy or not!  Ye Gods!  Why do we bother with them?

Today has been a bity day, if you know what I mean.  I went to see the warden at the flat, Jan was at the GP and then we both went to the flat so she could have a good look around which she couldn't do on Monday.  Now we back in Bracebridge Street and sitting and relaxing a good bit.  Tomorrow will be busy though with a lot of packing to get done and stuff being taken to a charity shop.  We are both feeling the same, the sooner we are in there the better.  We're both looking forward to not having to climb stairs three or four times a day.

Here's our current place ... 

... tomorrow I shall post one of the flat.

And I nearly peed me pants when I read this one ...

An old couple go to the doctor. The old man goes first to have his physical. When the doctor is done with him, he sends the old man back into the waiting room and calls the old woman in.
The doctor tells her, "Before we proceed with the examination, I would like to talk to you about your husband first."
The old woman says, "Oh, no, it's his heart. I told him to lay off the eggs."
The doctor says, "Well, I asked your husband how he is feeling and he told me he felt great. He said that when he got up to go to the bathroom, he opened the door and God turned the light on for him. When he was done, he would shut the door and God would turn the light out for him."
The old woman responded, "Damn it, he's peeing in the fridge again.

No comments:

Post a Comment