Saturday 8 October 2016

To help and encourage


8 October


Another health warning yesterday on Facebook. It won’t be long before there will be another warning about waking up in the morning. This latest one was from The Diabetes Mag, another group I’ve been following. This one is that drinking fluorinated water has been linked by maths to a risk if diabetes. I have a feeling that I will be unfollowing that group before long. The idea is find support and information, not to be concerned as to ‘what now’ every time you see one of their posts.


Not that I take all these things seriously anyway, I wouldn’t get up at all if I did. The old mad-cow disease one frightened the population to death, and for what? Nowhere near the figures predicted to get CJD from eating beef seem to have done so. As for us, we weren’t eating all much beef anyway, and still aren’t really, to concern us. I have a vague theory that all these meaty warnings come from the veggie industry in the hope that we will all become vegetarians. Can’t see it winning though. Enough of that lot …


We Brits are never satisfied with the weather are we? When it’s turned chilly come evening time we say we’ll leave getting the stuff out of the car until tomorrow when its warmer. When it’s warmer we say we’ll leave it until the sun goes down when its cooler. For Jan and me it usually means it gets left until we remember again, or find we need what we were going to bring in from the car. There is a reason for this little side-track …


Streetlife is another social media I read these days. One day earlier this week one I read a request from a member asking for pointers on carrying her camera. The lady’s problem is that due to ill health she can’t carry anything around her neck, so she asked if there was another way of doing so. I found this on Amazon …  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotga-holdster-Shoulder-Adjustable-Panasonic/dp/B00UXA3BJO/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1475920330&sr=1-4&keywords=shoulder+harness+for+cameras  The lady was very pleased with it and has order one. However …


That got me think about our binos seeing we haven’t used them so far this year. So we’ve hunted the flat out and can’t find them, Jan even went out to the car and looked in there, no binos. Then it struck me that there is extra storage under the boot floor, somewhere Jan didn’t think to look, Now we are waiting to the sun to come and raise the temp… Actually, we’re not doing that at all, one of us will go out later and have a look. The reason I was thinking about them is that we have at least one spare shoulder harness, cos I’m not keep on using one.


I thought that we night be able to give the lady the spare one. Ah well, too late now. The thing is, if I can encourage anyone to go out and take photos, I will do. I was sat in in a hide at Cley in Norfolk one day and there was a young lad and his mum sat beside me and he was asking me what sort of birds were out in front of us. Of course I helped him., I’m not so sure I would have done if his mum wasn’t there though. Anyway, we had just bought ourselves two new field guides, so I gave the mum the old one so she could give it to the lad. He was ecstatic, and another young birder joins the clan. Why not? Now harm was there.


Today’s photo …


A couple of wigeon.


Today’s funny …


What award does the dentist of the year get?
A little plaque.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment