Thursday 13 October 2016

Sat in waiting again ...


13 October


Facebook is a strange beastie at times. Jan brought my attention to one she saw on there yesterday that claimed that the Queen would retiring but instead of Charlie getting the top job, she was handing it over to William. Anyone with common sense about them would know it was a wind-up straight off, and yet I wonder how many did actually get taken in by it. Well, it didn’t catch me. And I’m sure it didn’t catch Jan either. I’m not a royalist, but I’m not an idiot either and know full well that after the chaos caused in 1938 when Eddie wotever, gave up on the job, it caused such a huge problem for the new guy Georgie, that it won’t be happening again in our life time.    


The budgies are kicking up right now simply because I haven’t opened their cages yet, which has upset them cos we normally have the free-flying during the day. At some time test the pull-cord warden assist call system. That is due to happen between 9.30 and 12.30. I’m not so sure they will get them all done in that time though. There are far too many flats in scheme and even though we have been warned, they can’t be sure that everyone will be in. I mean, come on, most of us are elderly or infirm and they may well have forgotten about it and gone out, it does happen folks, it really does.


My lappy threw a wobbled yesterday afternoon while I was editing a load of photos form my Nikon P6000 compact camera. About half way through them the screen just went blank and no matter what I did with it just wouldn’t do anything else. Eventually I have the idea of removing the battery, waiting a few minutes and then trying to start up again. Well, it worked, and thankfully the images I had already worked on and been saved so it was on the last few that needed to be edited. Computers are good tools but by heck, when they go wrong, they really do go wrong; I’m relieved that yesterday was an easy fix.


The other night I began reading Billionaire, an early work off Peter James. It is hopefully the last of his I have yet released. I said the other day that it was a bad time for it to be released, but what of right now? The story line has two money men who are attempting to cause a war between the then USSR and the West by using a weak leader of an Arab state, in an effort to make even more money. Does it sound familiar perhaps? Currently we have Russia flexing its muscles over Syria and the West warning them to behave. There is still a lot of resentment about the role of the bankers in the 2007/8 crash, and in that book its bankers and investors who are the real baddies, yet again. Come on Peter, it’s the right time to push this one now.


So, today’s photo …


Our visitor trying to remove even more hair.


Today’s funny …


Knock, knock. Who's there?
Dublin.
Dublin who?
Dublin up with laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment