Friday 28 October 2016

A decision is made and theft; the curse of modren living


28 October


Yesterday turned out to be a decent day actually. Jan had an appointment for a MRI scan at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Selly Oak, in Brum, and I went with her. It’s been a long time since I was last down that way, and oh boy, there’s been some huge changes on the A38 through Brum since then. The scan went off fine and we were out of the hospital and on our way home just on an hour after arriving.


I was surprised that it was Jan’s neck, rather that her lower back which was hurting. We took a few minutes to fit her Tenns machine before we left. Around 20 minutes later we were in a pub with our normal pint of diet coke. It is an old pub and I was rather taken with the tiles in there and the ceiling details. Although I got photos of some of them, I haven’t had chance to do anything with them yet. From there we headed home after dropping into Asda for some shopping and the Hinckley Knight for another drink. We finally got in at just before 6pm, in time to for the news.


I didn’t even turn on my lappy at all yesterday and apart from reading more of the sci-fi novel I have on my Kindle app, I didn’t even try to look at any social media at all yesterday. So yes, I can live without then – for a short while at least. There was no way I was having a second day without them today. I have decided that I am going to try to get my driving licence back after yesterday, so I need to get on-line to DVLA and find out what I need to do to start it all off. Hopefully I can get it back before Jan goes in for operation early next year. I have a feeling that it won’t be easy though.


Kile lives in a village called Hartshill, which is close to a local beauty spot called Harthill Hayes Country Park. From one part of it you can see Leicester over the easy of us, a really good viewing point. The downside is that there are hills all around them, which can make walking anywhere more than a tad difficult at times. No matter where you live in UK though, nothing is safe and sound. Sam and Danny (Kile’s step-dad), have found out about that the hard way this morning. Danny’s motorbike has been stolen from outside the house. He needs that bike to get to work too. Nowhere and no-one is safe from the bloody thieves!


It would help if penalties were harsher, a lot harsher, but of course, the cops need to catch the thieving toerags. That is getting a lot harder with the lower number of cops we have these days. Then once they are caught The Criminal Protection Service, or CPS, has to decide to charge them or not. Let’s say that they do charge them, the magistrates are so hog-tied they are really limited in what penalties they can apply. No wonder crime is so rife!


Today’s photo …


I’ve sorted out yesterday’s photos now, and this is the one that first caught my eye.


Today’s funny …


Did you hear about the man who went to a fancy dress party with a woman draped over his shoulder and told everyone he had come as a tortoise?
When asked who was the woman on his back, he replied, "that's Michelle."
         

No comments:

Post a Comment