Tuesday 4 October 2016

The past is not always a nice place to visit


4 October


What a weird dream I had last might. I was still in the army and we were returning home to Belfast by ship (? Yes, I know). Anyway, the ship is somehow infested with cobras and kraits (another venomous snake, think of that film an air full of people and snakes), so that when it arrives in dock it’s out of control, hits the dock and rolls over into its port side. I, along with a good few others manage to get out even though we have been bitten by both types of snake, however, some of the snakes get out too.  I woke up at that point needing to pee – thankfully.


We went shopping yesterday, mainly to go and have a look at the sofa Jan has had a fancy for. We found the store OK, nut couldn’t find the sofa. Even if we had I’m not so sure I would want to buy from there anyway. The place is dirty, the show items very dusty and it was far to cramped in there to get view and try out the various bits in there. I tried sitting in some of them but struggled to get out, they were far too low for me. We left without placing an order.


From there we headed for Asda, and boy, did I make a massive error! As we left I picked up two Twirls bars, one each, we sat and ate those before we left. Jan went off to look at something else while took the trolley to the car. When she came back she had two Danish buns, so we had those before drove off. Was that enough? Ohnonono … we called into the Hinckley Knight for a drink. We also had scampi and chips, with two bottles of J2O orange and mango, one is sugary enough, but two? By the time we got home I dry mouthed and very tired. I needed to pee again and this time it was a deep orange shade. I’d had a sugar overload and boy was I feeling it.


As I said, a massive mistake on my part. The answer is simple, don’t do it again! However, sometimes it can happen accidentally, but if it does, what can I do rectify it? Not much I think. At least if your levels get too low, a couple of biscuits or so on and soon bring them back up to normal. We type twos have to live with it and hopefully learn from it. Sadly, it sometimes more than one lesson for it to stick in the memory.


The news last night ran an item about school kids being so over weight they are being diagnosed with Type 2 as well. That is worrying, or should be, at least for their parents. On top of that, some of these kids are being diagnosed with diabetes related liver disease as well. That was something I hadn’t thought about before, but apparently it is another side effect of diabetes. I don’t think I have that yet but it is something I will keep an eye in future. Now I sit here playing the coulda, shoulda, woulda game. I should have listened to those who told me to lose weight years again. Then I could have done something about it when it would have made a difference. Ah well … … …


The desktop background on W10 is a series of first rate photo that are linked to a website where there are hundreds of similar shots. I got fed up of them changing all the time, so I had a hunt around and today’s photo too …


his one goes back to 2006 and an almost cloudless blue sky, and that cloud was offending cloud. Not having seen one like that before I ran out a got a photo of it. What I didn’t notice before is that I managed to get the moon in too.   

How do you stop your pet dog digging up your garden?
Take away his spade.

No comments:

Post a Comment