Monday 10 October 2016

Mainly R&R


10 October


I’ve made a booboo again; my B12 injection is due on the 12th and I forgot to book it until this morning. It seems we are not to let it go over the due date so I’m now getting it done tomorrow at 5.15pm tomorrow, I didn’t fancy 8.15 am at all. Next bookable GP appointment is the 24th, good job I’m not dying ten hey. In truth though, we are happy with the service we get there overall, even if I do moan and chunter about it.


Short story writing is something that I read about quite often in how-to articles, which is fine for writers of short stories, however, I don’t write short stories. Well, I have written one and it’s sat on me hard drive doing nothing. Sometime ago I mentioned that I had registered for a free OU course, Start Writing Fiction, today is the start of week 2, and so far, it’s not a bad course at all. In one section it I was reading comments from other learners and one of them was on about distractions. Oh yes, I know all about those, so I pointed out that I could have been actually writing instead of reading that course.


Now then, extend that a wee bit please, I could be writing instead of doing this, but there again, this is writing isn’t it? I know full well that if I stopped this and turned to Bristol Fashion instead of this, I would guilty for leaving it. When I watch telly, I think about the reading I could be doing, or the writing I could be doing … and so on. It’s all called procrastination. What I don’t want to do is to pick up yet another excuse to get on with my novel writing, and that is why I don’t write short stories my friends.


Last night I began reading the last Peter James book I bought, and the last one of his I needed to complete his list. It’s called Billionaire. So far we have a horrendous car smash on the M4 caused by a Porsche driver who is also an ex-bankrupted City banker; he is now back on top of his game, but is ordered to sell all his clients stocks of gold between certain times. There’s a gun boat on patrol in the Persian Gulf which finds a dhow with four dead Israeli sailors on it, along with 15 nuclear mines ready to plant.


This is James’s third novel and is did about as well as his first two, his words, not mine. James claims it’s all down to timing really, it wasn’t the right time for those books to sell. I have a feeling Billionaire might actually be right one time now. We have anger over greedy bankers that haven’t been addressed yet, and the current problems within the Gulf regions over the religion of peace. Yes, Mr James, give this one a big push right now.


I wonder how many Brits actually sat up and watched the Punch and Judy show on telly at 1am this morning. I didn’t, life’s far too short for that and I needed my sleep to be write this morning. It seems that the GOP are at long last realising that they have made a mistake in choice of candidate for living in the big white house. It seems they are in as much turmoil and out own Labour Party, even if they are on the opposite ends of the political spectrum. I couldn’t make this stuff for one of novels folks, I really couldn’t.


Today’s photo …


I love this flower.


Today’s funny …


How many politically correct people does it take to change a light bulb?
None. "Why should we impose our values on the light bulb? If it wishes to be a light bulb of no light, we should respect its uniqueness and individuality."
             

No comments:

Post a Comment