Friday 7 October 2016

Mostly reading


7 October


There used to be a very tall tree out back here. Tree surgeons are there again this morning working on it, that’s three days of work to get the thing down. From the look of it in leaf, it was a magnificent tree. However, the council ‘tree officer’ (dear oh dear oh dear …) said it was dead in the middle of the trunk and may be likely to topple at any time. It was same story with the larger conifer that was near to it. Peace will come to where we again in a short while once they have finished and cleared away.


That free writing course from the OU is working out quite well, even if so far I already do what they recommend. I’m not overly concerned by that seeing that most OU courses start of easy but become harder as they go on. It’s clear from the comments made so far on each section that I am not the only current writer doing the course. We are not however, allowed to post links to own work. I was going say, ‘Sadly,’ but as it is I have enough reading to keep me going for months ahead. Speaking of which …


For Reading Addicts (http://forreadingaddicts.co.uk/ their home page), on FaceBook is one of the nicer, friendlier little groups on there. They regularly post book reviews from group members, me included, in fact I penned quite a few of them. I do read them all and some of them recommend books I would like to have a read of, but as I have just said, I months’ worth, if not years’ worth of reading sitting there waiting as it is.


So the questions coming to mind are, ‘Where shall I store them, when shall get to read them?’ In paperback I’ve reading HP5, next will be Billionaire by Peter James, a book I bought less than a month ago while at the market. That means that the Peter Boyd book that has been at the bottom of my TBR list for years now, is put back even further. There 37 books in that part of the pile beside my bed, and there’s even more of the bookcases. Then of course there a new books released by my favourite writers too.   


My kindle app on me Samsung tablet is in the same sorry state I’m afraid. I’m currently reading Synchronicity War 3, next up will be #3 of the Spartacus books by fellow Dorktowner Robert Southworth. That means that the others are being pushed further down the line. On the carousel there are around 60+, in the library there are more than I can count. On top of that there are two monthly mags I have on subscription, as well as Which? and one from the British heart foundation that comes through every so often. Throw in all I do here on-line, perhaps you can see I have enough to read as it is. And don’t forget my writing time too … … …


And so to a photo …


A mess of flowers.


Today’s funny …


An idiot took a photograph of his son to the photo store. 'I wonder,' he said, 'could you enlarge this for me?' 'Yes, certainly,' the assistant replied. 'And would it be possible for you to take his hat off for me?' 'Well, I'm sure we could do something. Yes, we could touch it up for you.' 'Oh, that's fine.' 'Tell me,' said the assistant, 'which side does your son part his hair?'
The idiot smiled. 'Oh, come on now. You'll see that when you take his hat off.'
           

No comments:

Post a Comment